Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-26-2017, 04:40 PM   #51
drabekgirl
Registered Users

Re: WEEKLY CHATTER - Sept. 25th

A vote for hate the smell of bacon, don't mind the taste.

I have a bunch of kitchen gadgets, waffle iron, griddle, crockpots (sm and reg), toaster oven, toaster(dh's recent purchase), kitchenaid (with several attachments) I've tried yogurt makers, and several other things out in the past.

my sewing machine is a huskystar they don't make it anymore, and sometimes on a straight stitch it goes zig zag for me without my switching it. I would love to get an upgrade but no money for it. atleast with this machine I don't struggle with the tension like i did with my last one.

multiples for wedding gifts happened to be 9x13 pans. I kept 4 glass ones and got rid of the aluminum and metal ones. in 15 years, 1 has broken.

sorry to hear about the broken arm at elbow and it possibility needing surgery. if it happened at practice or games the league should have insurance to help cover the cost of your deductible, as long as its above a certain amount. Ours baseball accident deducible was $50 and our out of pocket cost was $30 so they didn't help us.

Advertisement

Old 09-26-2017, 05:45 PM   #52
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by drabekgirl View Post
sorry to hear about the broken arm at elbow and it possibility needing surgery. if it happened at practice or games the league should have insurance to help cover the cost of your deductible, as long as its above a certain amount. Ours baseball accident deducible was $50 and our out of pocket cost was $30 so they didn't help us.
Thanks! It happened at school... he literally just tripped and fell.
kmrotski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 08:06 AM   #53
becca jean
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRXB View Post
You're brave to think about trying again with a four-month-old. I don't even ovulate for a year or two after each baby (while breastfeeding anyway) so it wouldn't be an option for me, but I think there's a reason for that. I guess I just have to have them a little farther apart for sanity's sake. Congrats on the new position! And good luck!
Thanks!!! I don't think I'm brave at all. Just a lady whose always wanted to be a mommy. I'm just blessed to have my little guy. He's the answer to a long held prayer. I hadn't thought about #2 that much but another lady from the clinic I conceived through will be doing another round of IVF the beginning of next year and it really got me thinking this past week about trying again. We aren't getting any younger and it's taken us a while to conceive our babies via fertility treatments so I completely understand where she's coming from. I have appointments set up to speak with my OBGYN and the fertility doctor (I have PCOS and had gestational diabetes and high bp while pregnant). I just turned 35 and would love for Ezra to have a sibling.
Old 09-27-2017, 08:49 AM   #54
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Still only on mobile.

Quote:
We have a four-square waffle iron that we got as a wedding present and we use it ALL THE TIME, I love that thing. Apparently we come across as waffle people, we actually got ELEVEN waffle irons as wedding presents! It was kind of hilarious. Did any of you get an over-abundance of any specific item?
I got married in Vegas (didn't get married in the Catholic church until over a decade later.)

Got one gift. Guess what?
Waffle iron!

Quote:
A girl in my congregation teaches an exercise class five days a week and I went today for the first time. My legs are so wobbly now! Felt good to get moving though, I needed that.
I stretched out a bit before bed and feeling much better in the knees today. Going to Zumba tonight.

I feel much better when active.

Are you going back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrotski View Post
11?! That's hilarious. We didn't have a formal wedding or reception so no wedding gifts.

I just truly don't have a good place to store small appliances in this kitchen so no fun gadgets for me until we move :sadface:
Consider a good thing. They seem to multiply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrotski View Post
L just had his 2 month appt. While we were there I asked her about ways to help C start talking more (because I didn't want to wait until his 2yr appt to address the fact that he doesn't talk) and she referred us to get him evaluated by a speech therapist. So waiting on that phone call. She said they come to your house, so thats nice, but I'm nervous for him.
Early Intervention is usually very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca jean View Post
Hi ladies. I've been reading through the posts when I can but haven't had time to post. Little guy is now four months old. He needs to stop growing, lol. I'm in a new position with my job (started when I returned from maternity leave) and it's been a good fit for me. I'm praying about when to try for baby #2. I meet with my OBGYN next week and the fertility doctor two weeks after that. My son was my third IUI with donor sperm (I'm a single mom). I'd love for him to have a sibling. I'm not getting any younger and I'd rather start the process up again sooner rather than later. Hope everyone is doing good.
No problem just jumping in when you can. Real life comes first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
Happy birthday to your son Alga! One of mine turns four next month and if you ask what he wants to eat he says biscuits and gravy. What kind of dessert? Biscuits and gravy. Presents? Bingo, biscuits and gravy.

Eleven waffle irons??? Makes me wonder if there was a special on them lol. We must be deep fried food people because we got four deep fryers. We returned three, used one for a bit but then sold it before a move. Turns out we aren't really deep fryer people after all.

B--i have a hard time motivating myself to exercise but always feel great afterward. I need to start doing more, my pants are getting snug.

K--I'm assuming it's an early intervention program? Those are typically great. 1 of my bios and two bonus kids have had speech through EI. They will come out and pretty much play, but carefully watch his speech and communication at the same time. He will have to be delayed a certain amount to qualify (in our state it's 50%, so an 18 month old would be speaking on a 9 month or younger level). If he does qualify they will set up visits to help, which still mostly look like play. Whether he does or does not qualify, they can still give you great tips to help move things along. It really isn't bad.
Yeah, I'm letting the kids make donuts and then the fryer is out of here.

I was wary of having someone come here but it worked out great.

Quote:
They were all different kinds, from different stores. We kept the biggest one, returned what we could, and gave the rest away.

I feel good energy-wise but I'm having a hard time moving my legs! Hopefully that will get better over time as I keep going.

Have any of you tried motherwort for postpartum/baby blues stuff? I've been having some extra anxiety and exhaustion, moodiness, etc. so I asked my midwife if she had any recommendations and she said motherwort. Got some yesterday. I didn't notice a big difference yesterday (I added some to my raspberry leaf tea) but I'm going to try some again in a minute and see how it goes. I am feeling better emotionally today than I was yesterday, so maybe it's already working!

My husband picked elderberries on Saturday so I'll be making elderberry syrup in a little bit too. Trying a different recipe, but I think it will be good. This one: Tyrant Farms Elderberry Syrup. Ideally I would make it with honey but honey is like gold where I live, it is SO expensive, so organic sugar will have to do.
Really? How much is honey?

I've never tried Motherswort. Let us know if it helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drabekgirl View Post
A vote for hate the smell of bacon, don't mind the taste.

I have a bunch of kitchen gadgets, waffle iron, griddle, crockpots (sm and reg), toaster oven, toaster(dh's recent purchase), kitchenaid (with several attachments) I've tried yogurt makers, and several other things out in the past.

my sewing machine is a huskystar they don't make it anymore, and sometimes on a straight stitch it goes zig zag for me without my switching it. I would love to get an upgrade but no money for it. atleast with this machine I don't struggle with the tension like i did with my last one.

multiples for wedding gifts happened to be 9x13 pans. I kept 4 glass ones and got rid of the aluminum and metal ones. in 15 years, 1 has broken.

I must have missed the post. It might need surgery?

I have a corning ware set that I've had for ages and they don't break.

Trying to get school done early.
Old 09-27-2017, 10:10 AM   #55
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
We have a four-square waffle iron that we got as a wedding present and we use it ALL THE TIME, I love that thing. Apparently we come across as waffle people, we actually got ELEVEN waffle irons as wedding presents! It was kind of hilarious. Did any of you get an over-abundance of any specific item?
We got 2 blenders for a wedding gift. At some point (not wedding) we were given a waffle iron. We didn't use it for a long time, and one day we decided to bring it out and it didn't work. We must have told the story because we were gifted another waffle iron but the same thing happened, we waited too long and when we tried to use it, it didn't work. We are pancake people for good now.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! 2T Nght Fitted Trainer, XL Wool Soaker, Baby Wearing
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 11:22 AM   #56
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agla View Post
Feeling much better in the knees today. Going to Zumba tonight.

I feel much better when active.

Are you going back?

Really? How much is honey?

I've never tried Motherswort. Let us know if it helps.
I'm going back, but maybe not tomorrow. I am so sore today!

It's something like $6 for a little honey bear. And you can't buy it in bulk, it just isn't available. One of the few things I miss Costco for.

The Motherswort seems to be helping...yesterday was my best day in a long time. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel...that we really will get past the I-can't-do-anything-because-I'm-so-tired-and-have-to-hold-my-new-baby-ALL-THE-TIME stage. It also helped that she took a 4 hour nap yesterday. But I can feel hope again. I've been just surviving for so long, since I was first pregnant (this time), and I'm ready to LIVE again.
Old 09-27-2017, 11:33 AM   #57
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My Thursday Pilates class has started back up! They canceled it over the summer. So excited. I also got out for a jog at 5am this morning (its SO dark but before the kids wake up is my best option).
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! 2T Nght Fitted Trainer, XL Wool Soaker, Baby Wearing
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 11:38 AM   #58
missydawn
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
A girl in my congregation teaches an exercise class five days a week and I went today for the first time. My legs are so wobbly now! Felt good to get moving though, I needed that.
Quote:
I just started working out again and it is my abs that are killling me. I know the pain is good but still WHY!!!!

You must really like waffles for everyone to buy you guys a waffle iron LOL.

My house is a complete disaster and I have no motivation to clean it. I want it cleaned I just don't want to do it, but I am going to try. I am giving myself until on the computer then it is an all family cleaning time.
Homeschool Buyer CO-OP = Great Homeschool Deals
missydawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 12:14 PM   #59
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Running around in the rain today. Went to See You at the Pole at both the local high school and middle school. Took Aiden to bowling, Autumn to work, did gymnastics class with Hannah, got lunch, picked up Aiden, got a little diesel, and back for Natalie's gymnastics class. After this, we are going to go sit at Chick-fil-A and wait for Autumn to get off work, as there isn't enough time to other going home. She and I then have Bible study with a friend before church tonight. Won't be home much at all.

Hannah apparently is finished eating -- she is ripping her chicken nugget and throwing it on the floor of the truck. This is one part of having littles that I did not miss. Good thing littles are so stinking cute.
tallanvor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 12:15 PM   #60
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I'm going back, but maybe not tomorrow. I am so sore today!

It's something like $6 for a little honey bear. And you can't buy it in bulk, it just isn't available. One of the few things I miss Costco for.

The Motherswort seems to be helping...yesterday was my best day in a long time. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel...that we really will get past the I-can't-do-anything-because-I'm-so-tired-and-have-to-hold-my-new-baby-ALL-THE-TIME stage. It also helped that she took a 4 hour nap yesterday. But I can feel hope again. I've been just surviving for so long, since I was first pregnant (this time), and I'm ready to LIVE again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post
My Thursday Pilates class has started back up! They canceled it over the summer. So excited. I also got out for a jog at 5am this morning (its SO dark but before the kids wake up is my best option).
It can really be so exhausting you don't know how anything can get done.

Glad you had a good day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missydawn View Post
I just started working out again and it is my abs that are killling me. I know the pain is good but still WHY!!!!

You must really like waffles for everyone to buy you guys a waffle iron LOL.

My house is a complete disaster and I have no motivation to clean it. I want it cleaned I just don't want to do it, but I am going to try. I am giving myself until on the computer then it is an all family cleaning time.
I was cleaning last night and this morning. These kids astound me with their capacity to create grime.
My dh says he would love a custodial job. We should trade jobs I tell him.
I totally forgot I have an event tonight and I can't go to Zumba. I'm so bummed. I completely planned my day and week around it. I was hoping to increase to 2X next week etc.
I'm thinking I'm just going to have to do some sort of workout today before the event.