Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-15-2014, 02:27 PM   #11
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: carseat questions

Myb daughter is 7 and only 42 pounds but outgrew it by height awhile ago. I'd avoid Radian too.

Advertisement

My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 10:16 PM   #12
jessca06
Registered Users
seller
seller

We are considering leaving DD RFing now. If we do, what are our best options? Would you still get her the new seat? The Graco MyRide expires in about 2 1/2 yrs and the True Fit expires in about 4 1/2 yrs if that makes a difference.
jessca06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:12 PM   #13
jessca06
Registered Users
seller
seller

New question-- we are going to be replacing DD's MyRide because I feel really uncomfortable still using it after reading that a child died (http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/02/12...html?referrer=) when the buckle wouldn't unlatch in a car accident. I just don't trust the way graco is handling this recall. What should we replace it with that will RF DD for longer? We will still need a third carseat when baby #3 comes.

I am still undecided whether or not to leave DD RFing. She will be 4 end of March and weighs about 30 lbs and about 39.5'' tall. I would like to keep her RFing if it is safest.

We will be getting a mini van in the next month or so (likely a 00-03 honda odyssey. We drive an 03 crv right now though so not sure if there will be a problem with some seats fitting RFing in it.

Thank you!

Last edited by jessca06; 02-17-2014 at 02:28 PM.
jessca06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:10 PM   #14
Ola_
Registered Users

Re: carseat questions *new question in post # 13

If you want to keep her RFing then I think a Radian is a good choice. I don't know about front/back room in a CRV but at her age you can get the angle adjuster so it takes up much less space. And you have younger kids you can pass it down once you decide to turn her, since it's new it won't expire for a while.
Ola_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 04:55 PM   #15
jess71903
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: carseat questions *new question in post # 13

If you just want a new seat, that's fine, and I don't mind helping with that. Graco is sending out new buckles for the affected seats. They are the IMMI buckles that are on Britax, Recaro, etc. and are much better buckles than what Graco had. I don't know how else they could handle it besides sending out new, tried and true buckles.

Gage is Redefining Spina Bifida
jess71903 is offline   Reply With Quote