Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-31-2016, 05:05 PM   #21
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Re: Homeschool Chat August/September

Agla, if you're okay with a creation world view, Apologia is good for science. You can do as much as you want each day.

Advertisement

tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 05:55 PM   #22
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
Agla, if you're okay with a creation world view, Apologia is good for science. You can do as much as you want each day.
I've used it before and just modified if needed and kids liked it. Thank you for the eminder. I have a third grade program I like but he is going to finish the one we are working on very quickly.

Which reminds me we have to let some insects go free.
Old 08-31-2016, 06:24 PM   #23
cedavid2011
Registered Users
seller

Hi! We started on August 1st, but haven't quite managed to do all 5 days in any week yet. It feels good to know that we've gotten through the first month! This year I have 7th, 6th, 4th, 2nd, K, Pre-K and a 20 month old. We are trying out a new science program with another family this year. So far it has been going ok, but the schedule is a little hectic. I don't like that we have to leave the house an extra day each week, but the accountability makes us get science done. We are also expecting a new baby boy in February, so we'll be having some extra time off then.
Old 08-31-2016, 06:39 PM   #24
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sharing with a family would be nice.

We have a few expecting mama's here. It's going to be a busy year (in a good way.)
Old 08-31-2016, 06:47 PM   #25
missydawn
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agla View Post
Second
We are just doing DK workbooks for science I got off of Christian books. Nothing fancy but it is quick and easy and I can easily add labs if I want to if I want to go into more in depth.
Homeschool Buyer CO-OP = Great Homeschool Deals
missydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 10:24 PM   #26
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

We are in week 8 so this week and next and then we break a week before starting the next quarter.

My 8th grader though keeps procrastinating though. SHe should have been finished with her quarter last week because my younger did two weeks of VBS instead of school back in June and late July. However not only is she still working but still behind. I'm not totally sure what I'm going to do about her. She wants the independence and I don't want to have to sit beside an almost 14 year old all day.. SOmething though has to change.

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 10:43 PM   #27
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Sharing with a family would be nice.

We have a few expecting mama's here. It's going to be a busy year (in a good way.)
Yes
Our family has a busy year. Baby and other stuff. Its our first year with 2 schooling too. So we are getting used to that.
Old 09-07-2016, 06:28 PM   #28
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hump day!

I am feeling this new schedule in a major way. Tomorrow my dh isn't available to help and it means my day starts at 5:30 am an ends at 10 pm
Old 09-07-2016, 06:44 PM   #29
missydawn
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Hump day!

I am feeling this new schedule in a major way. Tomorrow my dh isn't available to help and it means my day starts at 5:30 am an ends at 10 pm
Yuck, I hate early mornings. Yesterday we had a parent's night at co-op and that went until 9:00pm and then I had to be to me doctor appointment by 7:45 this morning 40 min from my house. I am so ready for all of this appointments to be done. But school is still going well for us thank God.
Homeschool Buyer CO-OP = Great Homeschool Deals
missydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 07:18 PM   #30
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by missydawn View Post
Yuck, I hate early mornings. Yesterday we had a parent's night at co-op and that went until 9:00pm and then I had to be to me doctor appointment by 7:45 this morning 40 min from my house. I am so ready for all of this appointments to be done. But school is still going well for us thank God.
Glad to hear school is going well. You must have been tired with that schedule.

Even with our running around it's been very productive school wise which is so interesting to me. Only my two oldest boys are at school now but it seems that even though we are busy the three at home are getting so much done. I guess I never realized that even though they are independent workers they did take up my time.

I am having issues with my dd. We purposely scaled back her course load but she is still working way too much. She just studies more for each class now. I know it's a strange complaint but she needs some balance. I'm hoping once her extracurriculars start she will relax a bit with work.

Anyone else deal with a type A kid?