Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-09-2014, 10:18 AM   #1
mamalusbear
Registered Users
seller
seller

VBAC after 2 C-sections?

Success stories? Thoughts? I have an OB who is open to giving me the choice of a VBAC after two C-sections. I am questioning my decision though, I feel like the risk of a third c-section outweighs the risks of attempting a natural delivery.

Advertisement

mamalusbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:43 PM   #2
uphillskiing
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm in the same situation. I was set on trying again and felt the uterine rupture risk wasn't THAT much higher but as I get closer (30 weeks) I'm having more doubt about the right choice to make. I'm not a great candidate for success - stalled twice at 7cm. I feel like I'm choosing to risk my baby's life with the VBA2C than risk the section that might leave my husband with 3 kids to take care of. It's a tough place to be. I think the perception of safety for csections is overly influenced by people who only have two. Interested to hear other people's thoughts too.
uphillskiing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:57 PM   #3
Tamtrujillo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: VBAC after 2 C-sections?

With my second baby I wanted to try VBAC. I had a breech with my first child, then HELLP syndrome with the second, I was so disappointed that I wasn't able to give birth naturally. With my third i considered trying for VBAC again. I decided to have another csection because I didn't want to risk uterine rupture. The risk was not worth it and the recovery time isn't bad. Outcomes from uterine rupture are not good and i just wont risk my baby's life and my own. I'm having another scheduled csec with this baby too!
Tamtrujillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 09:39 AM   #4
dixieleigh070
Registered Users
seller

I had 2 c/s then hba2c and then 2vba2c

The ur risk is really low and a trusted provider would be able to catch symptoms.

Have you connected with an ICAN group?
Old 09-22-2015, 11:31 AM   #5
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would make sure you look in to all the facts! We are actually having a VBA3C in a few months, with a doc who is incredibly supportive- and even sees it as less risky than more surgery!

So, anyway, I would just make sure you do ALL the research and fact searching, and then make a choice you feel is best for you. I am happy to share books, resources, etc with you (We tried for a vba2c, but we were ill prepared and I gave in after 60 hours.
Old 12-10-2015, 01:52 PM   #6
NearlyJane
Registered Users

My Mood:

Seriously this will be me! I had my first c-section due to intervention, i honestly believe that it would not have turned out that way (after I've successfully delivered 2 babies naturally) My second c-section was due to the hospital not allowing me to have a VBAC (very very small mountain town hospital, and i was unable to travel for the birth) I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have a VBA2C!!! Id be the happiest woman ever!

This is a road i have to cross once we get there... once I have successfully conceived and have a doctor that I can speak with. We are planning a move out of the small mountain town very soon and I feel as though that ups my chances of being able to have my VBAC2!

That being said I really want to read as much as I can prior to having to cross this road!!!

Good luck to all you mamas who are trying for theirs!
NearlyJane is offline   Reply With Quote