Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-25-2017, 04:00 AM   #21
Registered Users
I do rinse poopy diapers in the toilet, once my kiddos start eating solids, but I don't get as involved as the soap & brush. I figure stains are gonna happen as part of diapering, but to my surprise, they almost always come out in the normal wash. I do the pile by the toilet too though, and it sometimes does become daunting, especially when they come home from daycare after a whole day. At least they're in the wet bag, but still need to be sifted through.

To answer the OP, I do not have a table in my bathroom, but just have my wet bag hanging nearby. Since you're in the thick of it, maybe just have two wet bags or I would use a small plastic tote to carry wet dipes to the bag. Then, you could use it for any that need to soak too... although I'm notorious for just leaving them in the toilet to soak which makes my husband mad when he goes to use it!

Last edited by MommyTephanie; 10-25-2017 at 04:04 AM.
MommyTephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 10:08 AM   #22
Registered Users
Re: Spraying diapers & table setup questions

I've never had a diaper sprayer but I do dump into the toilet so I can relate. I have a very washable small bucket/container at my changing table to transport to bathroom-I keep a wet bag in there-I put all my diapers there, but I'm sure you could have 2 wet bags no problem too. I use flushable liners which have worked great for me with flat/prefolds and covers as well as all the others-AIO, pockets. I just bring whole diaper to bathroom and flush liners if using. If I'm not using I just take some TP and wipe clean. Also, I use cloth wipes for every pee diaper but start with TP for poo (I just place into soiled diaper til I get back to bathroom) and finish up with cloth wipe as well-this allows me to only need 1 or 2 wipes. I use a wipe solution (just water and few drops of Dr. Bronner's Tea Tree Soap) in a spray/peri bottle whatever and apply to wipe or bum depending on my mood. Also, I have a very beautiful changing table that has everything but I never use it as I'm a floor changer I just change them where they are usually. I have a diaper caddy with everything ready wipes diapers solution TP liners CJ's butter hand sanitizer lotions buckets etc. Those ice cream tubs or the like are great buckets so I don't feel bad about replacing if needed. I don't start this until they are into solids. Hope this helps-I have 3 in cloth right now.
Pkupstx is offline   Reply With Quote