Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-30-2017, 01:45 PM   #11
Registered Users
Re: NB sizing vs one-size?

Originally Posted by gabby's mom View Post
Your baby will fit longer in newborn diapers like Simplex (fits up to 16 pounds) and Bottombumpers (fits up to 18 pounds). I have big babies who grow very quickly in the first few months and those fit even my babies for a few months. OS doesn't really fit well until 14 or 15 pounds in my opinion, and even then, they are bulky. You can probably get them on a smaller baby (12 pounds or so) and not have any leaks, but they are gigantic.
For an average nb (not preemie or anything) do simplex and bottombumpers fit right away, or do you do something else before them?

Elchorrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 01:52 PM   #12
Registered Users

My baby was 8 lbs 2 oz, and simplex fit before she was 2 weeks old. Didn't try them right at first, but soon.
Happy wife of one , blessed mama of six
MamaLlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 11:48 AM   #13
Registered Users

I would recommend some NB-the OS seem so bulky on littles. I've had a 4.1lb, a 5.6 lb, and a 9 lb and at 2 mos my 9lb is now 13.2lb and still in NB. I am using covers with flats/prefolds padfolded or origami if ambitious-never a leak. For cotton I like the GMD-24 is great for 2 days worth (always decide how much laundry you want to do), for hemp/bamboo flats I like geffen or orange co, and I like the rumparooz nb covers for littles/skinnies and the blueberry capris minis. I have 2 sbish minis for overnights too. The flats are great when little-I had AIO and pockets with my first but liked flats the best so I got rid of all the rest trim and efficient-so easy to clean when your super tired already. With this too-you still are able to use them when bigger as spares if you have a couple of covers if you switch to pockets/AIOs.
Pkupstx is offline   Reply With Quote