Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-25-2017, 03:18 PM   #1
MommyZaboo
Registered Users

Your favorite dipes?

Hey ladies and possible Gents! I wanted to make a post to ask what some of your favorite diaper brands are and what ones fit chunky babies best? My stash from birth to this point (9mo old weighing 23lbs) is all pre-loved fluff, we are looking into buying a couple brand new diapers but the cost of some of the brands throw us off a bit. Our son fit great in the small fuzzibunz diapers when he was under 18 lb, but the one size and one size Elite diapers are way too narrow for him. I've heard that Charlie banana is a close second to fuzzibunz if not better, and that their one size diapers tend to fit better then fuzzibunz is this true?

Advertisement

MommyZaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 08:28 AM   #2
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Your favorite dipes?

DS wasn't super chunky but for pockets we really like bumgenius and they are cut generous so I've never heard them not working on chucks.

My favorite in the end are AI2 though because I love to reuse covers! At 9ms with my son we recently stopped attaching prefolds because too wigglely and then discovered tri folding prefolds he was too wiggle (would wiggle it out of place). We were probably really getting into grovia ai2 which I love except the covers don't last a year, at least the velcro ones (DS is also 7 so upgrades may have happened) !!

DD was not chucky but the AI2 of choice with her was still flip covers with homemade snap in inserts
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! 2T Nght Fitted Trainer, XL Wool Soaker, Baby Wearing
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 10:35 AM   #3
MommyZaboo
Registered Users

Pixi6s I have a flip cover but I'm not a big fan of it because of how thin the material seems. Are bumGenius pocket diapers any better? My favorite covers are rumparooz which seem very durable and we use them in the beginning but they are newborn size so they don't fit our little guy anymore. I've wanted to buy brand new well known name brands but I don't in fear of not liking the diaper and not being able to get my money back. I've heard grovia's are really nice!
Old 10-26-2017, 12:04 PM   #4
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

DS is 75% in weight and 25% in height, so perhaps chunky. We love our bg pockets. We have some rumparooz pockets too, but I don't think they fit as long. They have a lower rise and seem snug earlier. Now we only use diapers at night, so we use all flips and I love love them. Thinner material means it fits nicely under pants and isn't noisy when it moves
Elchorrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 02:48 PM   #5
MommyZaboo
Registered Users

Our son is in the 91st percentile for both height and weight. And while I hear a lot of people like flips, I don't think they're horrible but we definitely prefer our other covers. I haven't tried rumparooz pocket diapers yet. We like pocket diapers the most but covers seem to be the best for overnight, you can stuff them pretty hefty.
Old 11-05-2017, 01:09 PM   #6
eliz.lutz
Registered Users

My Mood:

My DS was on the chunkier side and we loved the BumGenius All-In-Ones for daytime - he was a fairly heavy wetter and they were incredibly reliable since his legs were quite round. Once he started to walk and thin out we started having some issues with leaking. We found it hard to stuff pockets since he was so big to begin with....
eliz.lutz is offline   Reply With Quote