Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-30-2017, 03:15 PM   #1
gheera47
Registered Users

Homemade wipes solution recipes

What does everyone use for their cloth baby wipes?

Allaboutclothdiapers.com has 3 listed, but I was wondering what everyone else used.

I was using 2 cups boiled water, 2 tsp Aveeno baby wash, 1 tbsp coconut oil, and 1/8 tsp tea tree oil. It seemed to be enough for 30 wipes.

My only complaint, it seemed like the last few wipes started to smell musty. I used them up within 3 days.

PS. I say "was" because I used up all my tea tree oil washing my diapers when DD had a yeast infection.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Advertisement

gheera47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 03:17 PM   #2
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Homemade wipes solution recipes

I keep them dry and wet them before I use them with plain tap water.
Old 11-30-2017, 03:27 PM   #3
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

I did just water. When I did diaper laundry, I took the wipes straight from the washer to the wipe box (no drying) and sometimes added a bit more water if my washer wrung them out too well. But yeah, if I had more wipes than I could use in 2-3 days they got stinky. As DS gradually condensed his poops down to 1 a day, I had to gradually reduce the number of wipes in rotation. The stink was especially worrisome in summer, but I never really had a problem with it in the winter. Guess we keep our house cold.
Elchorrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 10:28 AM   #4
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I also used just water. If you like it, just make less so you have enough for just a day or wet as you use them.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! 2T Nght Fitted Trainer, XL Wool Soaker, Baby Wearing
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 07:03 PM   #5
gabby's mom
Registered Users
seller

Water with a squirt of dr bronners. I keep 2 days worth at a time. More than that and they start getting gross. Once baby is going to the bathroom less I just keep them dry and use a peri bottle with water and dr bronners to wet them.