Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2011, 06:59 AM   #601
elkay724
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

*Sigh* I love you Mamas!

Advertisement

elkay724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:47 AM   #602
cheerkri
Banned

It's odd how it's illegal in places like Sweden (and considered mutilation, no less)... but not in the US. Boy, are we behind!
cheerkri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:49 AM   #603
elkay724
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerkri View Post
It's odd how it's illegal in places like Sweden (and considered mutilation, no less)... but not in the US. Boy, are we behind!

It IS mutilation, IMO. We are behind, I agree! I just hope that by spreading the word we can stop more boys from undergoing this awful, unnecessary cosmetic surgery.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:53 AM   #604
Galatea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

But you see, once you see circumcision for what it is, a non-consensual, non-therapeutic cosmetic surgery, and then there are parents who are set on it but are unwilling to see what it actually entails... well, it is just makes us feel crazy. If it is such a good thing, then it should survive videos and debates. I can defend every single one of my parenting decisions without resorting to personal, unexamined feelings. Circumcision cannot stand up to this.

Ds1 2004 ~ Ds2 2005 ~ Dd1 2008 ~ Ds3 2010 ~ Dd2 2014
Why you shouldn't circumcise your son

Last edited by ktmelody; 01-26-2011 at 08:00 PM.
Galatea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:08 AM   #605
Mama4Ways
Registered Users

Opinions on this matter are great and there is a time and place to share them. A due date board where a mama was asking for practical advice about caring for her son's needs based upon her decisions for him was not the place to 'crash' in the manner in which happened.

FTR, I have not circ'ed my sons. I would not under any circumstances do it for my own children, and would love it if the practice was eliminated entirely. However, that is not the case and it is not MY choice to push my thoughts down someone else's throat when they were not invited.

I have very strong opinions about abortion, eating fast food, kids drinking soda, and how long to keep my kids rear facing in a car seat. MY choices for MY family. Don't like it? Build a bridge and get over it--but find your own bricks because I won't be throwing any at you.

just sayin'
Old 01-25-2011, 08:35 AM   #606
elkay724
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea View Post
But you see, once you see circumcision for what it is, a non-consensual, non-therapeutic cosmetic surgery, and then there are parents who are set on it but are unwilling to see what it actually entails... well, it is just makes us feel crazy. If it is such a good thing, then it should survive videos and debates. I can defend every single one of my parenting decisions without resorting to personal, unexamined feelings. Circumcision cannot stand up to this.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:37 AM   #607
elkay724
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerkri View Post
Me too. Perfect just the way God made him.

Your son is adorable! Love your profile pic!
Old 01-25-2011, 08:39 AM   #608
elkay724
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama4Ways View Post
Opinions on this matter are great and there is a time and place to share them. A due date board where a mama was asking for practical advice about caring for her son's needs based upon her decisions for him was not the place to 'crash' in the manner in which happened.

FTR, I have not circ'ed my sons. I would not under any circumstances do it for my own children, and would love it if the practice was eliminated entirely. However, that is not the case and it is not MY choice to push my thoughts down someone else's throat when they were not invited.

I have very strong opinions about abortion, eating fast food, kids drinking soda, and how long to keep my kids rear facing in a car seat. MY choices for MY family. Don't like it? Build a bridge and get over it--but find your own bricks because I won't be throwing any at you.

just sayin'

I'm not sure how the manner of my post offended you. I did not put my own opinions there. I simply posted a helpful link. If the mama had done her research, she'd already know how it is for the baby and it wouldn't have bothered her.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:40 AM   #609
elkay724
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama4Ways View Post

just sayin'

Hey, I'm glad that you leave your sons intact! That's what I'm choosing to take from this post.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:43 AM   #610
elkay724
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

"Mutilation ... implies the cutting off or removal
of a part essential to completeness, not only of a
person but also of a thing, and to his or its perfection,
beauty, entirety, or fulfillment of function."

Webster's Dictionary of Synonyms