Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2008, 12:06 AM   #1
Babydust
Registered Users

My Mood:
105 Degree Fever, Blue Limbs and Lips, 6 Hours in the ER and.......

They cant figure out what is wrong with my poor baby!!!!

Brodie woke up yesterday normal and daddy took him for a walk. He came home asleep in his stroller so I put him to bed. He woke up with a fever of 103.9 and it took me hours to get it down. It kept going back up. So this morning he woke at 5 crying and that is SUPER early for him so I ran in there and he was as red as a beet. He only had a diaper on to sleep. I took his temp and it was 104.4. I gave him some Motrin and a bottle and he went back to sleep. I checked his temp again at 5:30 and it was 103.3 so I put him back to bed. 11am rolled around and he was STILL not awake. I was starting to get nervous so I went in and tried to wake him several times. Finally after 30 mins of rousing he woke up and was still at 103. I gave him another dose of Motrin and another bottle and he played happily for a few hours. 3pm rolls around and we notice that he is smurfish looking. His lips were really blue. So I picked him up and cuddled him as we discussed what we were going to do with him. Within 5 mins he broke out in a fever that was so hot I felt like my body was on fire where he was touching me. Took his temp again 104.8. I called the Dr. and gave him some Tylenol and waited for the Dr to call back. He called and we talked and he wanted me to take him to the ER right away. He had seen him the day before at the office and just told me to watch the fever and keep on top of it.

The ER ran every test in the book and did Xrays you name it....poked him 5 times because they couldn't find a vein. After 6 hours they said he was NORMAL!!!! WTF is wrong with my baby? He has had such a rough life in his one little year and it makes my heart break to see him ill. Anyone have any ideas?
Babydust is offline   Reply With Quote