Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-31-2013, 03:16 PM   #11
JasmineMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does anyone else have a problem with eBay buyers? Or just me?

I've had this happen recently with BIN items. No payment, no communication. It was so frustrating.

Advertisement

Old 10-31-2013, 03:34 PM   #12
ofthemoonsglow
Registered Users
Formely: Mia**da
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
Ebay gives 7 days for a buyer to pay. I have no idea why that much time is needed, but it is their rules. You sending so many invoices and reminders may have put off your buyer. I'd watch the fb they leave tbh.
They changed this a few months ago. It is now 4 days instead of the 8 days it used to be. I don't know where you are getting the 7 days from.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:23 PM   #13
Mommyof4forme!
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ofthemoonsglow
They changed this a few months ago. It is now 4 days instead of the 8 days it used to be. I don't know where you are getting the 7 days from.
I used to sell on eBay a ton. I remember at one point if I had an unpaid item and tried to open an unpaid buyer case (after I had contacted the buyer with no response) eBay kicked back a message saying buyer had 7 days to pay before I could open a case.
Mommyof4forme! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:57 PM   #14
ofthemoonsglow
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyof4forme!
I used to sell on eBay a ton. I remember at one point if I had an unpaid item and tried to open an unpaid buyer case (after I had contacted the buyer with no response) eBay kicked back a message saying buyer had 7 days to pay before I could open a case.
Ooooh! That makes sense! I've only been selling on eBay for like a year now. When I started it was 4 days to open an unpaid case and 4 to close it. Now it's 2 day until you can open and 2 days to close. So 8 days and now 4 days. They changed a lot of rules in a year so it must have been different before that,
Old 10-31-2013, 10:12 PM   #15
Mommyof4forme!
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Ooooh! That makes sense! I've only been selling on eBay for like a year now. When I started it was 4 days to open an unpaid case and 4 to close it. Now it's 2 day until you can open and 2 days to close. So 8 days and now 4 days. They changed a lot of rules in a year so it must have been different before that,
I just looked at my account and I started selling in 2008! I quit after a while because the fees are so crazy! I only use eBay as a last resort now .
Mommyof4forme! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:30 PM   #16
ofthemoonsglow
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyof4forme! View Post

I just looked at my account and I started selling in 2008! I quit after a while because the fees are so crazy! I only use eBay as a last resort now .
That explains it. Lol im just happy its 4 days total now instead of 7 or 8 days now!
Old 11-01-2013, 09:17 AM   #17
safghf
Registered Users
seller

You can bid up to the last second with software on your phone. It's set and watches the auction for you, and bids up to your max. That way if you aren't by a computer you can still potentially win an item. I that happens, it could be 24 hours before you can access to pay. It usually doesn't take me more than 12 hours, but sometimes life happens. I wouldn't get frustrated before 24-48 hours.
safghf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:25 AM   #18
ChihuahuaMama13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
Ebay gives 7 days for a buyer to pay. I have no idea why that much time is needed, but it is their rules. You sending so many invoices and reminders may have put off your buyer. I'd watch the fb they leave tbh.
I guess I'll avoid eBay from now on then. I only sent two reminders which were written on an invoice. So I suppose if it's mean if me to remind a buyer twice that they didn't pay I have a problem.

Last edited by ChihuahuaMama13; 11-01-2013 at 09:30 AM.
ChihuahuaMama13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:51 AM   #19
ofthemoonsglow
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMama13
I guess I'll avoid eBay from now on then. I only sent two reminders which were written on an invoice. So I suppose if it's mean if me to remind a buyer twice that they didn't pay I have a problem.
eBay also sends out automatic reminds to them as well. With eBay your best bet is to send the invoice once. Then open the unpaid case after 48 hours. (A lot of people will pay as soon as the case is opened). If they don't pay by the time the case the closed they get it noted on their account.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:57 AM   #20
ChihuahuaMama13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
eBay also sends out automatic reminds to them as well. With eBay your best bet is to send the invoice once. Then open the unpaid case after 48 hours. (A lot of people will pay as soon as the case is opened). If they don't pay by the time the case the closed they get it noted on their account.
Omg! I didn't know eBay sent it automatically :-/ well that makes me feel kinda bad, I wouldn't have resent it at all if I knew they took care of that for me!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum