Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-15-2013, 08:50 PM   #1
greengirl512
Registered Users

What if I'm knocked up?

So, I had a c-section 5 months ago because my son was footling breech. Now, I'm really hoping I'm wrong, but I'm scared I might be knocked up again. My period hasn't come back and my LO gets 100% of feedings on demand, at the breast and feeds frequently throughout the day and night, so according to KellyMom I should be protected as effectively as if I were using other means of birth control. Even so, we've only DTD without a condom twice.

And yet... something crazy is going on with my hormones. I woke up the other day feeling pregnant- metallic taste in my mouth, smells overpowering, food didn't taste right...then the other day at a friend's house I had a major case of the butterfingers, leading her to ask me if I'm pregnant.

Tests have been negative so far, but so was the first test I took when I was pregnant with DS, and I'd been having pregnancy symptoms for over a week at that point.

I really don't want another c-section, but my midwife said to wait a year or two before TTC again.

What happens if I'm pregnant? Do I even have options?

Advertisement

greengirl512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:53 PM   #2
miriamleigh
Registered Users

Re: What if I'm knocked up?

First, I doubt you're pregnant. Did you have any ovulation signs? I found that the change to full fertility was very obvious. Also, generally if you do get your fertility back while ebfing it is a more gradual return. Most women have at least one annovulatory cycle. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's pretty unlikely. As far as a vbac is concerned, I believe you are at a higher risk of a UR if you get pregnant very soon after you r c-section. I'm not sure what that means as far as your options though. In anycase I'm sorry you are going through this:-( I hope you get some answers soon!

Last edited by miriamleigh; 08-15-2013 at 10:55 PM.
miriamleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:56 PM   #3
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by miriamleigh View Post
First, I doubt you're pregnant. Did you have any ovulation signs? I found that the change to full fertility was very obvious. Also, generally if you do get your fertility back while ebfing it is a more gradual return. Most women have at least one annovulatory cycle. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's pretty unlikely. As far as a vbac is concerned, I believe you are at a higher risk of a UR if you get pregnant very soon after you r c-section. I'm not sure what that means as far as your options though.

If you're really concerned take a test, but I would guess your chances of pregnancy are slim. Not zero, but slim. Good luck!

ETA at a few months post partum I would get these crazy uterine contractions that felt identical to baby kicks. It scared the crumb out of me! Hubby could even feel them, just like I was pregnant. Recovering from birth or a C is weird, your body can do funny things.

Last edited by Palooka; 08-15-2013 at 10:58 PM.
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:09 PM   #4
brandimn6217
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would say slim. I had an ob tell me that until baby sleeps through the gint (5hrs) you don't really start ovulating. I get all kinds of crazy hormonal stuff happening for several months post partum. Hormones are still in flux!
Old 08-16-2013, 05:24 AM   #5
greengirl512
Registered Users

I know it's a slim chance...I'm going to retest tomorrow and hopefully that will settle the issue. I just really "feel" pregnant. Cross your fingers for me that I'm not!
greengirl512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:39 PM   #6
Hum Bums
Registered Users
seller
seller

I got pg with #2 at 7m pp while bfing on demand. Had a repeat C but plan to vba2c with our next. #2 is 23m and we aren't pg yet so we should be fine for vbac.
So it IS possible. Test again in a week or so. Even if you have to repeat C, you can use BC next time to hold off for #3 and vbac.
Voluntarily left Mod duties due to busy life!
Hum Bums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:07 AM   #7
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

GL mama. I dont think you are either
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:53 AM   #8
Hum Bums
Registered Users
seller
seller

Upadate OP?
Voluntarily left Mod duties due to busy life!
Hum Bums is offline   Reply With Quote