Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-01-2014, 08:57 AM   #1
Pal2012
Registered Users

Non crafty working at home

Planning for the future. What types of careers are out there that allow telecommuting or working from home? I have almost 10 years experience as an LPN providing hands on skilled nursing care. I am currently home with my special needs medically fragile toddler and missing That money! I am concerned that she may not be able to attend preschool or public school in the future. I want to either go back to school or get some training now that will allow me to work part time from home. I want to be prepared if working is not feasible I. The future. What's out there?

Advertisement

Pal2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:09 AM   #2
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:
Re: Non crafty working at home

Is caring for anther special needs child a possibility? Or a couple of non-special needs children or pets? There are many things you can do from home, ranging from things you can do on the computer/online to services performed, etc. but all of this depends on the amount of care your child needs from you. I hope you can find something.
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:19 AM   #3
pinktoes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Medical transcription?
pinktoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:52 AM   #4
breefawn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Maybe virtual assisting? I am not able to work right now, but I do make a decent living when I can (ODS is also medically fragile and I have a newbie...had to admit that I cannot do it all)...
Old 08-01-2014, 11:05 AM   #5
Pal2012
Registered Users

All good ideas. I would love to be a caregiver for another child but i am worried about what happens when my LO is sick, in the hospital, or we have to travel for her appts. That was my first choice. Medical transcription i am going to look into . I don't want to get training I. There is no work in the field. I am thinking getting a new degree maybe in something. What is virtual assisting?
Pal2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 07:23 AM   #6
atticanatomy
Registered Users

Ok so this is a little left field onside ring you're background. But I have to be a stay at home mom, even though my kids are gone to school every week day all day. Child care is much to expensive where I live nearing ( 1000.00) a month just for after school only for 3 kids. So I had to think fast. I resell now ( I used to craft for money but It was a slow flow of cash ) I started on ebay, and now etsy for vintage items and amazon , local sites , facebook groups. and it's the best thing I have ever done. Flipping and resale.
atticanatomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 11:24 AM   #7
Cjsmommy_teampinkagain
Registered Users
seller

I am a younique presenter and love it. I dont leave my kids and can now help out with bills plus the company is good to their employees and they are doing great things helping victims of abuse while producing cosmetics that are natural based and cruelty free.
Cjsmommy_teampinkagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 06:15 AM   #8
Jennie0828
Registered Users

My Mood:

My sister-in-law is an RN, she works at home for an insurance company. nurse case manager or something like that.
Jennie0828 is offline   Reply With Quote