Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-08-2015, 08:25 PM   #1
lemonpoppyseed
Registered Users
seller

Best way to approach a retailer about my products??

Those of you who consign with/sell to a retailer--how did you go about making it happen? I'd like to approach our local cloth diaper/baby store about the things I make, but I'm not exactly sure what the best way to go about it would be. Just bring some in and ask to speak with the owner? I've been very successful online so far, but I'm extremely nervous about the idea of bringing it in--I have a bit of a rejection phobia. Lol.

Advertisement

lemonpoppyseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 10:31 AM   #2
BuggaBuggaBoutique
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Best way to approach a retailer about my products??

All the places that have carried my things have approached me, sorry i'm not more help

Momma to 4 girls and one boy! Smoke Free, Pet Friendly Home!
BuggaBuggaBoutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 11:46 AM   #3
Alfresco5
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Best way to approach a retailer about my products??

I am also rejection phobic, but I occasionally suck it up, have a mini panic attack, and go in to talk to people �� Just bring in samples of your product and ask to talk to whomever is in charge of buying (sometimes it'll be a mngr not an owner). Decide beforehand what you prefer (consign or wholesale) or if you're eilling to do either. Also be prepared with what percentage you're willing to take minimum. Most places do 60/40 or 70/30, but I had a lady who would only fo 50/50 when I first started (wasn't worth it in the long run). My hairstylist even does 85/15 because she more just wants to help ppl out. Be prepared for rejection but don't let it discourage you! Where i used to live no one cared about all natural products so I got a yes one out of ever 20 places i went. Now, in yhe mountains of western north carolina, almost everyone i talk to is interested! Good luck, and if you have any other ? Feel free to PM me ��
Alfresco5 is offline   Reply With Quote