Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-01-2016, 02:36 PM   #1
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Help me be a WAHM

I miss working so much and hate the complete finacial burden being on my husband. My friend recently tried to recruit me for her Mary Kay sales team but I'm not sure that's the thing for me. (Plus we don't have a ton of extra money that it takes to start stuff like that) But my husband and I recently decided not to try for another kiddo until we get a handle on the budget or I can tackle some sort of work from home job.

Any good jobs you ladies love to do? Or know a good place to start?

Please help...I want another kiddo! Lol

P.s. I can't sew.. lol

Advertisement

Last edited by kmrotski; 07-01-2016 at 03:18 PM.
kmrotski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 02:18 PM   #2
Veryhappymommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help me be a WAHM

Were you able to find something that appealed to you? I'd be happy to share with you what I do if your interested. I didn't know if you were swamped with suggestions already though. Feel free to pm me. I'd be happy to help you.
Veryhappymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 01:46 PM   #3
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I pmed you thanks!
Old 09-05-2016, 11:17 PM   #4
trixieskips
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What were your work skills before you had le bebes? I was a journalist, so it was natural for me to become a freelance writer.
trixieskips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 06:34 AM   #5
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixieskips View Post
What were your work skills before you had le bebes? I was a journalist, so it was natural for me to become a freelance writer.
I have an Associates degree in science but only job I had before becoming a stay at home mom was in the restaurant business/catering. I keep telling DH I wish I was good at something lol I thought about opening an Etsy shop and selling artwork for kids rooms because I have always been good in the art department just never thought I could make a career out of it. But I researched how to open an Etsy shop and it looked overwhelming. I really want to write/illustrate a childrens book but I have no idea where to begin there either.
Old 11-01-2016, 03:59 PM   #6
Livingthedream
Registered Users
seller

You can try finding a company online that pays you for answering surveys and writing reviews etc. I haven't gotten there myself, but I heard it can be very helpful with the finances
Livingthedream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 11:18 AM   #7
bluedaisy
Registered Users
seller

It can be hard to make significant money on etsy, and the challenge is doing both sides of the business - i.e. making the art and also marketing/selling the art.

If you have a degree in science can you do tutoring? In home daycare? If you were into catering could you offer healthy, home cooked frozen meals to busy moms in your community?
Old 03-05-2017, 04:55 PM   #8
RedSanya
Registered Users

If you really love the idea of illustrating childrens' books, you should go for it! It is an industry, just like everything else, so it will take practice and time. As a place to start, go to skillshare.com and there are many free courses about illustrating childrens books.
RedSanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 09:31 AM   #9
PrestonsMom
Merged/Duplicate

My Mood:

I love art as well! I was a WAHM for many years then decided to back to school and get my degree. Now I work as a Graphic and Web Designer at a great company. I do wish I was home sometimes, though. I miss being able to have my own schedule, etc. and being with the kids.

For books...you could sell your books through Amazon's Print on Demand service. They will sell your books one by one for you, and this would cut costs of you having to print a bunch of books then trying to sell them. I have been interested in writing for some time and thought about utilizing this for my own personal creative outlet.

Also, I second the recommendation to check out Skillshare. There is a wealth of material on this website in all areas of interest. Great place to get started and to learn how to DIY your own ideas! Good luck!
PrestonsMom is offline   Reply With Quote