Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-20-2016, 09:02 AM   #141
andunc02
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: What are you spending on groceries every month?

Quote:
Originally Posted by booty hunter View Post
Awesome ,thanks for the link. So do you cook the 'muffins' and then freeze them? Or do you freeze them and then cook them?
I cook them first so that I only have to warm them. I pull them straight from the freezer and microwave them until warm. A lot of times I will make the oatmeal during nap time and let it sit in the fridge till dinner. Then I'll cook them while we're eating and let them cool till bath time and then freeze them. It works great that way when I am using the oven for dinner anyways.

Advertisement

andunc02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 01:34 PM   #142
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by andunc02 View Post
I cook them first so that I only have to warm them. I pull them straight from the freezer and microwave them until warm. A lot of times I will make the oatmeal during nap time and let it sit in the fridge till dinner. Then I'll cook them while we're eating and let them cool till bath time and then freeze them. It works great that way when I am using the oven for dinner anyways.
This is what I was planning to do, just wasn't sure if it had to cooked be right it was eaten for some reason.
Old 08-20-2016, 01:43 PM   #143
andunc02
Registered Users

My Mood:

Just don't way overheat them. They do get hard if reheated too long. The good thing is that if it happens then milk can be added to rehydrate the oats. I may or may not have needed to do that when I first tried them.
andunc02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 12:03 PM   #144
ashbo0
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Around $400 :-/ I'm trying the whole meal planning thing, but some nights I dont feel like cooking a big meal, or produce goes bad before I get to use them. Then its off to the store again to restock or grab what I'm craving! I though pregnancy was bad...breastfeeding is worse!
ashbo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 12:05 PM   #145
omelanie3
Registered Users
seller

Family of four (though one just eats breast milk at this point) and we spend about 350 per month on all groceries. We are vegetarian though, so that helps with costs.
omelanie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 05:23 PM   #146
mumoftwins17
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We spend $450/month for an all organic diet, family of 4.
mumoftwins17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 08:51 AM   #147
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:
I just redid our budget and added up what we are currently spending on groceries during the summer when my 5 (thin) children never stop eating. I have 2 teen sons, 12 and 9 year old sons, and a 7 year old daughter. $1500. I buy meat in bulk at bjs and portion and freeze. The majority of groceries are from Aldi. Very few convenience foods. No organic. But I do buy lots of produce. I buy sale items at aldi and use coupons at bjs.
LA RN and Mom to J '00, S '03, P '05 (CLW at 37 months), G '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & M '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote