Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-17-2009, 06:00 PM   #21
WhatWasIThinking
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: How soon did you...

My last baby was born in january and I am pretty sure he was out that first week.

Advertisement

WhatWasIThinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 06:23 PM   #22
DaynaR
Registered Users
seller

a day or 2 after we got out of the hospital to the mall. He was born in the middle of Jan, and it gets cold here.

I don't see what the big deal is if no one goes near them.
DaynaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 06:34 PM   #23
kiwi87
Registered Users

Immediately for me, as well. We had to take her on errands and to her ped in the early days. I had a winter baby and there was snow on the ground, and I still managed to take her out early. I didn't really have much of a choice, though. It really wasn't a problem, and I get really stir crazy if I stay in the house too long. I needed to get out and about with her.
kiwi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:09 PM   #24
CarrieMF
Registered Users

My Mood:

I took one of them out on the way home from the hospital, my oldest maybe I cant' remember.

They were all out within 4 days though, my oldest had hospital pictures are 4 days. Dh took her to those. My youngest was at my oldest's playschool at 4 days old, that was fun alot of people didn't know I had been pg.lol
Old 01-17-2009, 08:16 PM   #25
eljube112
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had ds on tuesday, was out of hospital on friday and was at church with him on sunday. He stayed in his carrier. Oh, and he was born in November, when he went home there was snow on the ground.

eljube112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:21 PM   #26
Nanner99
Registered Users
seller

Right away. I was sitting at our old apartment pool with #2 the day we got home (um, NOT in a bathing suit though!). With #3, he went to his first Family Reunion, a 2 hour drive away, when he was less than 2 weeks old. My babies have never been seriously sick- just colds and an occasional ear infection. If I had a preemie or otherwise more fragile newborn, I would be more cautious.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:25 PM   #27
Nanner99
Registered Users
seller

Oh, I had to add this story b/c it is just incredibly amazing how dumb some people are. My mom drove me and baby #3 to the grocery store when he was 3 days old. I was getting something at the deli *holding him in my arms* and the lady asked how old he was- I told her and then she said something about me already being pregnant with another one Nope, lady that huge gut is leftover- the baby is 3 DAYS OLD! I wasn't even offended it was such a stupid comment. She did realize after a moment and stumbled over herself...
Old 01-17-2009, 09:02 PM   #28
mama2jack
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, we were readmitted to the hospital ( I had a uterine infection) 8 days after we got home. I think after we got home from that it was about 2 weeks.
My sil took her 3rd to walmart on the way home from the hospital!
Old 01-17-2009, 09:07 PM   #29
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DD went back to the hospital every day for the first week, so we were out and about from day 3. We took her to her appointment, then grabbed lunch. She never came out of her bucket though.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:12 PM   #30
smashncakes
Registered Users
Formerly: bren***this
seller
seller

My Mood:

DS was born in early February, but it was springtime warm. We went out the next day...can't remember where off of the top of my head though. DD was born early June and we went to wal-mart with her the afternoon we got out of the hospital, so she was two days old. Both kids were/are perfectly healthy. We stayed in for the most part after the initial outing except for church at 5 (DS) and 6 (DD) days old.