Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-18-2009, 05:40 PM   #1
LambyPants
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm Such A Douche Bag!!

This comes from my ex-husband today because I told him we are claiming ALL of the kids this year on taxes. Since we got a divorce, up until a few months ago, we shared joint legal and physical custody....on paper only. His visitation has been pretty erratic, and has never equaled up to anything close to "joint custody". He only gets them every other weekend (used to be less), he never takes them for their summer periods (which was two two week periods), never takes them for winter or spring break. If I totaled everything up over the past year, he might have about 1 1/2 months worth of time spent with his kids.

I've let it slide in the past and let him claim one of them, but because of the economy and the fact that we are struggling financially right now, I decided this year we're claiming all of them. His suggestion to that was for me to give him custody of the kids. Yeah right!! Especially when his excuse for not taking them for extended times is he can't because he has to work, he doesn't have childcare and his live in girlfriend won't take care of them. To top it all off, part of the reason the court awarded me full custody was because he was not providing safe care when he had them for visits (ie. packing them and her kids in the back seat of a car or bed of truck with no safety restraints, smoking around them causing them to get sick, their house was full of dog feces and they were told by cps to either move or clean it up and get rid of the dog).

So because he couldn't have his way he said, "YOU ARE SUUUUUUCCCHHH A DOUCHE BAG!!!!". To which I replied "Yes I know, I've worked hard to achieve douche bag status. Thank you for recognizing my accomplishment." And then he hung up on me.

Advertisement

Last edited by LambyPants; 01-18-2009 at 05:41 PM.
LambyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:44 PM   #2
BuggaBuggaBoutique
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I'm Such A Douche Bag!!

LOL!

Momma to 4 girls and one boy! Smoke Free, Pet Friendly Home!
BuggaBuggaBoutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:44 PM   #3
bean3
Registered Users
seller

I got this from my son's father. He told his ex-wife (we became friends since I had weekends with her kids when I was with him) that he was going to claim my son. He never paid a penny of support (and still hasn't in 14+ years), and he never even babysat him (yes, babysat), let alone had visitation. There was no contact at all.

I wrote a letter with my tax submissions. I stated his name and social, my name and social and the circumstances that lead to my being the ONLY ONE eligible to claim my son on taxes.

He was audited.
bean3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:44 PM   #4
MCR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You go girl
Old 01-18-2009, 05:48 PM   #5
lindsayncadence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

haha Thats what Cadences father thinks of me too. I claim her every year. I would let him every other year but he has been behind on child support and just came into her life october 2007 and still only gets her every other weekend even though I have told him numerous times he is always welcome to get her even if only for a few minutes
Old 01-18-2009, 05:59 PM   #6
LambyPants
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean3 View Post
I got this from my son's father. He told his ex-wife (we became friends since I had weekends with her kids when I was with him) that he was going to claim my son. He never paid a penny of support (and still hasn't in 14+ years), and he never even babysat him (yes, babysat), let alone had visitation. There was no contact at all.

I wrote a letter with my tax submissions. I stated his name and social, my name and social and the circumstances that lead to my being the ONLY ONE eligible to claim my son on taxes.

He was audited.
Ooooh, I'm going to have to do that. I was just telling DH he might try to claim one of them anyway.

What's funny is he doesn't even realize that he was getting a discount on child support for years because as far as the court knew we shared custody. As soon as I got full custody his support went up over $300 a month. What's really funny is he's the one that filed for divorce and was so sure he was going to get custody, he opened a child support case thinking I would be the one to pay. Oh how that backfired!! Sucks to be him I guess.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:49 PM   #7
-Blair-
Registered Users

Oh my gosh, your comeback was great. I am dieing of laughter.

Currently struggling with infertility (recurrent pregnancy loss).
-Blair- is offline   Reply With Quote