Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-18-2009, 10:13 PM   #1
ericak95
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Anyone else with a very dramatic kid?

My 5yr old is driving DH and I crazy . I know most parents think their kids are smart and all, but sometimes I think she is smarter than we are. She has a answer for everything, even our pedi said wow she's "precocious". She has a exceptional imagination, she is constantly someone else, very dramatic acting, loves costumes, ect..... (I think she will either be in debate club, or the drama club by the time she is is high school.)

While I love those things about her it really leads to a lot of frustrations. I dread her going to school next year (she missed the kindergarten cut off for this year) If I can't keep up with her how is a teacher? If your kid(s) are like this how do you keep the creativity in check?

Erica

Advertisement

Old 01-19-2009, 05:35 AM   #2
EmsMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else with a very dramatic kid?

Oh this is sooooo my dd. She'll be 4 in May and will be attending Jr. Kindergarten in Sept. She's got an entire clothes rack of dress up clothes that she pretty much lives in. Everyday she puts on a dress and her Cars slippers and is a "beautiful skater" lol. I let her do dress up as much as she wants, she loves coloring too. In all honesty I would just encourage the pretend play etc, dd is pretty happy to play on her own most of the time. She's gotten quite an attitude lately though especially with me, very saucy. We're trying to keep on top of that but it is really tough.
EmsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:42 AM   #3
huntingflower
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's my girl. She is 10 now and is still the same. Everyone of her teachers has told me to get her into theater so finally we are looking into it for her. Give your child an outlet to express herself and it will help. With my DD it is anything with the arts. Dance, painting etc. Encourage her to be herself and have fun with it.

huntingflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:56 AM   #4
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:

This is dd1 for sure. She'll be 4 in a few weeks. She loves her fancy clothes! She has a wonderful imagnation and is very creative. While it can be frustrating at times I remind myself these traits will serve her very well when she's older. I also remind myself that she's only 3(and I know I'll be saying that when she's 4 lol) and this is all age appropreiate. This is the age to become saucy, start lieing, trying out defience and all that other good jazz. I just try my hardest to pick my battles and the rules are the rules period. For example when she wants to wear her crown and her stethoscope to the store b/c she's doctor princess L then fine however she will not back talk me end of discussion. I have found the sentence 'I love you to much to argue' works really well lol
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote