Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-26-2013, 10:16 PM   #31
Registered Users
My hubby had two when I met him and I had one. I knew I wanted at least 2 more, but he was done. I thought this would be the end of us, but we ended up with one lite guy together and I think that might be a good compromise. I never thought I'd be happy with just the one baby so far in age from the others, but I really enjoy having only one little one and between us FOUR might just be enough (never thought I'd say that!).

nlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:07 PM   #32
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Anyone have a DH that was NOT considering a large family?

Opposite here...DH came to me wanting 10+. I was done with one, for the first few months after her birth. Then got bit by the baby bug, and had DS when she was 2 1/2. Now we are on #4 due in 12 days, and have NO intention of stopping. Our oldest is 6, youngest is 2 1/2.
AmeliasMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:49 AM   #33
Registered Users

When my husband and I first got married (and prior to) I would make comments about wanting a house full and saying things like "at least half a dozen." My husband thought 2 was plenty. His family even started making comments to "split it down the middle with 4". I never fought over it, he is the man of the house, but I did let my opinion known then prayed God would change his heart. We had A and B pretty quick in our marriage. C took a little longer. While I was preggers with C, my hubby found out of a genetic issue he MIGHT have to deal with that MIGHT kill him in his 50's. At that moment he said he didn't want any more because he might not get to see them grow up. We were pretty sure we would not have any more children. Over time, he remembered God is the giver of life anyway, and if He gave then He could take away. But I still didn't get preggers again. In fact it had come to that point where I thought I was not going to have a large family...and after crying, I was okay with that. After some minor medical issues, I found out we were expecting D. Sometime over the years, my husband has changed his mind. He now sees children as a blessing and inheritance. We are expecting E in a few more weeks.
MayDbyHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:39 PM   #34
Registered Users
My Mood:
Yep, my DH would've been fine with just one. It took me until DS #1 was 2.5 to talk him into trying for #2. I just did not want to have an only child, period. Well, because I had fertility issues, DS #1 ended up being an only child for 6 years. I did get pregnant when DS #1 was 4.5 and we found out it was twins. Unfortunately I miscarried at 9 weeks. It was devastating to lose two babies and a pregnancy I'd waited, prayed and hoped for for almost 3 years. We did 3 IUI's after that to get pregnant much quicker and had DS #2. Then when DS #2 was about 2 I told DH I felt like someone was missing from our family. I think I was just haunted from losing two babies. After much thought and discussion he decided he was open to having a third. I think he knew I really wanted to try for a daughter and after we were going to have three kids at one point, it wasn't as hard to convince him. I told him I couldn't handle the NTNP route so we went right back to fertility treatments and this time went straight for the big guns and did IVF. Now we're expecting twin girls in Aug! So we went from one to 4 and little does he know I plan to work on him pretty hard after the twins are born to transfer our other two frozen embryos at some point! I don't feel bad at all about twisting his arm over it because he loves our kids so much and is so devoted to them I know he'd be happy with as many as we have. I'm thinking a lot about the long term too and told him I want a house full of family when our kids are grown. Just nothing better in my mind!
~Kristen~ Married to my & Airman James (01/03)
Mommy to Dakota (4/03), Colton (6/09) and Twincesses, Keira & Katelyn (7/13)
kricket24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:30 AM   #35
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1
My Mood:

I don't consider me having a "large" family. But my husband would've been happy with 1. Then 2 came, and surprise 3 came.. and once he found out it was a girl he was over the freaking moon. We've even discussed #4. lol So it's possible.
Megan, wife to Jason. Mommy to Asher, 2, Levi, 1 and Rebekah coming September 10.
babylove921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:22 PM   #36
Registered Users

That sounds like my husband. He wanted 2 and thought we were done after 3girls. We finally after 4 got our boy. We are done unless we decide to adopt.
Marie8603 is offline   Reply With Quote