View Poll Results: Would you be irritated with your husband going out 2 or more nights a week?
YES 376 90.60%
NO 39 9.40%
Voters: 415. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-04-2013, 05:39 PM   #131
hilaryisinked
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by boysboysboys83
Honestly, he said that it doesn't count because I didn't ask "normal" people. I asked him what he means by normal people and he said people that don't cloth diaper. He's being an ***.
I didn't catch this the first time this thread was posted. Wow, just wow.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 05-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #132
crunch!910
Registered Users

Re: Men going out poll

Multiple times a week!!??? My husband goes out once or twice a YEAR. If he wanted to go out multiple times a week, a divorce would be in order. Thank goodness he's a home-body! He actually lost all his friends when he became a father because his unmarried, child-less friends looked at him point blank during one of his raaare times out with friends when he was talking about something his kid did (maybe learning to walk, not sure honestly) and they looked at him and told them they straight out did not care and did not want to hear bout his kids. He's not hung out with them since, and has not found any new friends. Besides family, that is. He and my sister's husband are good friends, and we are constantly hanging out, sometimes on a daily basis, and they include our kids and love them.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:01 PM   #133
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yes, 2 nights would bother me. I think that's excessive, especially when you have small children. DH and I usually go out together with the kids (Hang out with friends, have a beer or 2 at their house, sometimes ours) or sometimes he'll go out once on the weekend with his friends and I'll offer to stay home, or vice versa. It sounds like he needs to find a little more balance.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:02 PM   #134
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses View Post
Holy resurrected thread, Batman!

I would get upset if it was that often..2 or more days per week. But I think it's important for each parent/spouse to have a chance to get out and relax.
I didn't even notice before I posted! I love when this happens!
Old 05-08-2013, 11:32 AM   #135
tepen2009
Registered Users

2-3 times a week drinking/partying would throw me over the edge. But, i usually have to beg mine to leave the house! He works 70-80 hours most weeks and never takes time to himself!
tepen2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:53 AM   #136
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

Yeah, I wouldn't be ok with my husband going out to "hang with his friends" a couple/three nights a week. If it was an organized thing, like a dart league, or a weekly poker game or something I wouldn't have as much issue with it. But even then once to occasionally twice would probably be my limit. He works a million hours a week as it is.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:30 PM   #137
lakemom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boysboysboys83 View Post
My husband thinks that I'm in the minority of nagging wives who get frustrated with their husbands going out. He goes out 2 nights a week and occasionally 3. Going out means that he goes hangs out with his friends, drinks, and I sit home and take care of the kids. Last night I took our 6 year old to the movies, while he watched the other 2 boys. So since I "went out" that meant that he should be able to go out when I got home. Which he did. So please answer the poll honestly with if you'd be frustrated or not.

OPTION 1: I would be frustrated with my husband going out 2 or more nights a week.

OPTION 2: I would not be frustrated with my husband going out 2 or more nights a week.
We've been married 28 years and NEVER has he gone out more than once or twice a MONTH and we'll often go months when neither of us goes out "alone". We usually do things together, with other couples, or with other families. There was a time years ago when he was playing ice hockey once per week through the winter but the kids and I had the option of going and watching but it was too boring and I preferred to stay home.
lakemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:17 PM   #138
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computermama View Post
Yeah, I wouldn't be ok with my husband going out to "hang with his friends" a couple/three nights a week. If it was an organized thing, like a dart league, or a weekly poker game or something I wouldn't have as much issue with it. But even then once to occasionally twice would probably be my limit. He works a million hours a week as it is.
I agree with this. Dh works, then we all go to TKD 3 nights a week for 3 hours and another night he and Tharen have roller derby (but Kearnan and I tag along and hang out). We could all go out with the guys after but we don't. The guys invite but they are going to a bar and I don't take my kids to the bar, the guys don't totally get it as most of them kind of think my kids are just tiny adults. Two nights a week dh does have "Night Ninja" where he goes and trains with a couple of other guys (or just his other instructor buddy) for two hours after class and dinner. I put the boys to bed and relax usually but after the boys are asleep I can also go street skating (I stay close to the house and they are 11 and 7, I just go to the basket ball court and can see our house). It doesn't bother me because I know exactly what he is doing (training/working out) that he would stay home if I asked, and that he won't be gone that long. Honestly I am invited to come work out if I want but logistically I'm not crazy about it. My kids can stay up that late since they homeschool but I don't love it. If we have been at TKD for three hours we don't have time for the kids to eat before we turn around and leave again so it doesn't make sense. This Monday I did try it out (because we missed class) and enjoyed it so we may do it again. If he was just going out late and hanging out with "the guys" and not spending time with me and our kids I would be angry, especially since I don't get a break for myself until the kids fall asleep and then it is just cleaning the house primarily. But we are all always together so I am cool with what he is doing.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote