View Poll Results: Would you be irritated with your husband going out 2 or more nights a week?
YES 376 90.60%
NO 39 9.40%
Voters: 415. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-22-2010, 03:05 PM   #11
doublebk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Men going out poll

dh goes out once a week, as do i. he goes to rehearsal for the band and usually stays even longer than needed most thursdays. I go out tuesdays with my best friend. we go eat and chat, not to bars or anything. neither does dh. he usually is gone for about 4 hours. no way would either of us go out more than that. we are really family centered.

Advertisement

doublebk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:06 PM   #12
syfitz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DH never goes out unless it's with me. I wouldn't mind him going out once or twice a month with friends, but he'd rather hang out with me and the kids. I would have a huge problem with him wanting to go out twice a week.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:13 PM   #13
myfrugalfunlife
Banned- member requested
seller

Right now my dh is gone every night-but he's helping his dad remodel his sister's new condo so that's acceptable He also plays hockey one night a week but I usually go along (with kids). My dh also goes out to dinner with a friend every week (he's out right now) but they've been doing it since before we got married and they just get a quick meal so he's only gone about an hour. Sometimes I'll go along but all's they talk about is car stuff so its really boring lol!
I think its one thing for a spouse to go out if the other spouse is ok with it. But if its something that the other spouse really doesn't like than some sort of compromise should be made-maybe 3 times a month or something?
myfrugalfunlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:13 PM   #14
MrsLiberty
Registered Users

My Mood:

No way would I be ok with my husband going out with friends multiple times a week! It's bad enough he's gone 4 nights a week at school, but at least that serves some purpose.
Half redneck, half hippie, Libertarian, Army veteran, Engineer turned SAHM to one little princess (07/29/2003) and one future farmer (12/25/2008), and my little boobie monster (5/28/2011). Official partner in crime to my blue collar Adonis since 2004!

Wanna join Swagbucks?
MrsLiberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:15 PM   #15
RochelleS
Registered Users
Formerly: shae
seller

My Mood:

I'll be in the minority and say that right now, I would not be irritated at all by it. In fact, I would LOVE it if he went out sometimes and gave me some time without him here! I can count on one hand the number of times he's gone out at night without me in the 7+ years we've been living together.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:18 PM   #16
ChicanaCoqueta
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RochelleS View Post
I'll be in the minority and say that right now, I would not be irritated at all by it. In fact, I would LOVE it if he went out sometimes and gave me some time without him here! I can count on one hand the number of times he's gone out at night without me in the 7+ years we've been living together.
similar situation here. although I think it makes a difference if hubby actually helps out at home and with the kids. mine does, every now and then I go out in the evenings with friends, I would be a hypocrite if I got upset that he wanted to do the same. But we'd have to have a plan and we both have to help out with the kids and home, wouldn't be fair otherwise.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:20 PM   #17
escapethevillage
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'd be setting up a schedule so you can go out (without kids) two nights or more per week while he takes care of the kids. Because that would make things fair.

Then see how long that lasts before he gets annoyed with those arrangements.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:24 PM   #18
THBVsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So, you going out with a child in tow automatically means he gets to go out sans kids? Seriously? What's his rationale? Because he stayed home with your other children?

My husband will go out a couple times a month with his buddies. They'll go up to Chili's, have a few drinks at the bar, and watch the game. Or a get-together at a friend's house with pizza, beer, and a game. Doesn't bother me because it's usually planned a few days ahead of time AND he doesn't mind when I want go out with my girl friends, sans kids.

But a couple times a week? I don't think so. I expect my DH to be more family oriented than that.

expecting our 2nd baby
girl next March

THBVsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:24 PM   #19
iggyloo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would NOT be frustrated with DH going out 2 nights a week or more. If he goes out, its after DD has gone to bed, and I'm not much company. Or after work, which means I'm probably half asleep on the couch or already in bed. I'd rather have him go out and get some space and time to himself/with friends than sit home and watch tv.

I'm really surprised by the poll results....I don't really get the big deal?? Why do they need to have a set "purpose"?? I don't have a set purpose everytime I get a break...sometimes I sit at the coffee shop and read trashy magazines for 2 hrs. And I love EVERY second of it! lol
Momma to Lily Grace Ryan 10/22/07 and Avaya Kai 10/30/10 Expecting #3 11/5/2014
iggyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:27 PM   #20
iggyloo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapethevillage View Post
I'd be setting up a schedule so you can go out (without kids) two nights or more per week while he takes care of the kids. Because that would make things fair.

Then see how long that lasts before he gets annoyed with those arrangements.
Agreed! Balance and compromise is key!
Momma to Lily Grace Ryan 10/22/07 and Avaya Kai 10/30/10 Expecting #3 11/5/2014
iggyloo is offline   Reply With Quote