View Poll Results: Would you be irritated with your husband going out 2 or more nights a week?
YES 376 90.60%
NO 39 9.40%
Voters: 415. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-22-2010, 03:32 PM   #21
boysboysboys83
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Men going out poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggyloo View Post
I would NOT be frustrated with DH going out 2 nights a week or more. If he goes out, its after DD has gone to bed, and I'm not much company. Or after work, which means I'm probably half asleep on the couch or already in bed. I'd rather have him go out and get some space and time to himself/with friends than sit home and watch tv.

I'm really surprised by the poll results....I don't really get the big deal?? Why do they need to have a set "purpose"?? I don't have a set purpose everytime I get a break...sometimes I sit at the coffee shop and read trashy magazines for 2 hrs. And I love EVERY second of it! lol

My kids aren't sleeping when he leaves. I'd love to have a couple hours to myself just to sew, but I can't even get that lately. He requires that I leave the house for my break, so I can't even do what I really want to do. I don't think that I should consider taking my 6 year old to see Karate Kid as a real break.

Advertisement

Old 06-22-2010, 03:36 PM   #22
missykay
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthMum View Post
I wouldn't be as long as I get to go out 2 times a week too!
This. My DH goes out for fun on Tuesdays, band practice on Thursdays, youth group on Sundays. I wasn't frustrated by it during the semester because I had class 2 nights a week and DH would take care of DS on Wed and take him to practice on Thurs. Of course, I was expected to make dinner each of those nights and either bring it to the college where we all ate together or pack it up so DH and DS could eat at band practice. DS was also in daycare 2 days a week so I had those days "off". "Off" meaning I had those days to deep clean the house, do laundry, shop, run errands, complete school work, and anything else that needed to be done. Now that school is out (and I won't be going back until Jan 2011) I have no nights that I get to go out and I'm definitely getting bitter about it.

My DH is a wonderful husband and father but even after 2 years I feel like he still doesn't really get how hard it is to be with a kid ALL. DAY. LONG. I want a day off that is just for me, not for doing all the stuff that needs to be done and is easier to do without DS around.
Forever missing Yuen Tien (12-9-11)
The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Psalm 126:3
missykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:36 PM   #23
uncertain
Registered Users
seller

Men are so clueless. YES, that makes me frustrated, resentful, bitter, and angry! Every time DH goes out, it guarantees a huge fight between us.
Oh, and I "went out" the other night - to PARENT MEETING at school, and he b*tched at me when I got home at 8:50pm, because he said he had "asked me to be home at 8:30". WTH?!!! For the record, his "going out" involves the entire day hiking in the mountains, whereas my "going out" was a meeting - first time I had been without one of the kids in the past 9 months.

More than you wanted to hear, I'm sure, but h*lls ya, 2-3 nights a week and I'd be online shopping my butt off and ordering take-out for every meal as retribution
uncertain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:37 PM   #24
lovespepper
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you get to go out without the kids just as often, I guess it's ok. It depends on your marriage. For me and my dh, we generally go out together as a couple or as a family.
lovespepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:43 PM   #25
boysboysboys83
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespepper View Post
If you get to go out without the kids just as often, I guess it's ok. It depends on your marriage. For me and my dh, we generally go out together as a couple or as a family.
I never go out because I stay home with the kids all the time, and don't know anyone. I would love to either go out as a family or just the 2 of us. The 2 of us is out of the question because I don't have a babysitter. And he says that we all spend all day together so that's enough time. I ask him to play Scattegories or cards with me but he won't. He says that I can play Diablo (a computer game) with him,(him on his computer, me on mine) but I don't like fighting games. It's just to violent for me.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:44 PM   #26
syfitz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RochelleS View Post
I'll be in the minority and say that right now, I would not be irritated at all by it. In fact, I would LOVE it if he went out sometimes and gave me some time without him here! I can count on one hand the number of times he's gone out at night without me in the 7+ years we've been living together.
I guess maybe it depends on how much your dh is home to begin with. Mine works a lot, so he has precious little time to spend with the family. I guess if he was here a lot, I wouldn't mind him going out with friends, but I still don't think I'd like it to be more than once a week. I'll admit I enjoy my dh's occassional short business trips. I'm in heaven with a bed to myself and kids that go to bed early (they are often up later than I like because he comes home late and plays with them).
Old 06-22-2010, 03:49 PM   #27
jaime1396
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaci View Post
Yeah, We try to live a very family centered life. If DH was wanting to go out 2+ times a week, particularly to drink - not even like he's pursuing a hobby or something, I would see it as an indication of a major problem
I always see problems with my friends marriages when either one or both tries to lead an active nighttime social life, especially seperately. I think when your happy with your family you don't feel the need to get out that much, if you do feel the need maybe there are things that need to be worked on.
jaime1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:52 PM   #28
philomene
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthMum View Post
I wouldn't be as long as I get to go out 2 times a week too!
That's exactly what I say! Of course, I don't -WANT- to go out 2 nights a week, so. :-/

But another point is, that gets EXPENSIVE, you know? If "going out" entails buying beer/food/bowling/pool/movies/the-list-goes-on... So yeah, I might have a problem from a financial standpoint.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:55 PM   #29
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

I would be quite irritated if my dh went out twice a week. Even once a week!! If he's going to go out that often, it should be with me!!

Once or twice a month is often enough for me OR dh to go out with our friends, IMO.
RebekahG77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:56 PM   #30
burnsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yes, I'd be annoyed. I'd be annoyed even if there were no children involved.

my dh goes out without us very rarely, and when he does it's usually because it's a work related function that is kind of mandatory(he's military).

His body, his choice.
burnsis is offline   Reply With Quote