Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-05-2010, 08:17 AM   #11
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: TTC Twins, Has anyone been successful?

This is probably not of much help in trying to conceive twins but like some others, wanted to boost the fact that there are many people out there that have twins with no complications. I am an identical twin myself. I was born at full-term and I weighted 7 lbs. 6 oz. while my sister weighted 8 lbs. 6 oz. My mom did not have a c-section. Good luck!

Justine

Advertisement

Old 07-05-2010, 11:07 AM   #12
BootyGold
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I conceived twins while taking soy isoflavones (lost one at 6 weeks though )

No twins in my family at all...so not sure if its due to my age (34) or the soy, but I'm thinking it was the soy
Old 07-05-2010, 11:11 AM   #13
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've heard Clomid increases twins, but I think it's more on chance (If going without any medical interventions).

My sister's are twins. My step mom didn't know it was twins until 2wks before they were born! They both were born full term and healthy!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:35 AM   #14
Pikemommy
Registered Users
seller

We have no twins in the family. My DS had a twin that we lost early, DD was singleton, and this pregnancy had twins too, but lost one around 9weeks. Not sure what has made it happen for us 2 out of 3 pregnancies. (sorry, no help)
I think your best chance of having twins is to take medication that stimulates ovulation (clomid), but for a Dr. to prescribe it you have to have fertility issues. I've never heard of the natural stuff working for it. Although, the liklihood is increased if you get preggo again shortly after another delivery or if your BFing.
S 3/15 7lbs 15oz 20.5in
Pikemommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:45 PM   #15
hushmommy5
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiecornflakes View Post
As I understand it, you have to eat a TON of cassava root or yams to have it make a difference. Dairy will only matter if you're getting the kind with bgh in it, which I think is pretty for TTCing (and life in general but that's just my :twocents: ).

Breastfeeding yields a higher rate of twinning!

Other than all that, I think you just go for it and see what happens.

GL, mama.
I too have heard that cassava root and dairy with rbgh help with conceiving twins, my question is, where do I find this dairy, a lot of dairy companies are not using rbgh/rbst. I would also like to know where do I find cassava root? I figured I can give it a try. Thanks
hushmommy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:57 PM   #16
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't know your age, but I've heard that 30 (exactly) seems to be the magic number for conceiving multiples.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:38 PM   #17
Samanthavv
Registered Users
seller

The family planning forum is actually sponsored by www.cassavashop.com :-) If you look at the banner toward the top there's a code for 10% off for diaperswappers members! I would start taking the cassava ASAP to get it in your system as much as possible.

As for rbst... it's unlikely to find any dairy products with it. Sucks, but that's how it is. I have heard that full-fat dairy (think homo milk, full fat yogurts and cheeses) can help increase twinning.

Also, there's been a link between high doses of folic acid (2500mcg-5000mcg) and twinning. As well as taking bromelain the five days after ovulation.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:14 PM   #18
foolsgold
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have heard that the cycles right after you go off hormonal BC if you DO conceive you are more likely to have multiples. That proved true for my sister in law.
ISO: Chubby Cherub AI2 Diapers!
Find BF'ing Ribbons here.
foolsgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:19 AM   #19
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I was on lots of different herbs when we were TTC DD, all of which said they had a chance of twins. I also have twins in my family. But still no twins.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:31 AM   #20
Lousli
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKITTLES46 View Post
My 2 cents here...for what its worth, from what I've read and been told twins coming early with the extra trouble is usually diet/nutrition related. One of the ladies in church here carried twins almost 41 weeks with no real issues, following a specific diet, increasing iron and protein.
I don't want to stir the pot or create drama, but as a mom of preemies, this comment doesn't sit right with me. Sometimes you do everything right, eat exactly what you're supposed to, live a healthy lifestyle, and still have a preemie. 50% of preemies are born early for unknown reasons.

It hurts to still have people question why my girls were early, as if I did something wrong to make it happen. Or sometimes people think it is just because I'm quite petite. Even the high risk OB wasn't sure why my first two were early.