Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-30-2006, 08:47 PM   #1
mamabearoftwo
Registered Users

Question Nightime Diapering Advise Wanted

I have cd my babes during the day with Kushies AIO since their births. However, at night we have used Seventh Gen sposies. My firstborn did not sleep much for the first year of his life and we did not want ANYTHING else to cause night waking. I always ment to do FB at night, but have just started investigating them again the last couple of weeks.

I would like to know what nighttime diaties do you recommend? How long does your system tend to last? (How often will parts need to be replaced?) We would like them to last all night (11-12 hours), to be pretty simple and a reasonable cost. If they are going to cost more than the sposies than we won't switch. It would be nice if they wicked away, but am open to any thoughts.

I look forward to hearing all of your ideas!

Stacy in Minnesota

Advertisement

mamabearoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 08:56 PM   #2
cowmommy
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matthew 5:44
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nightime Diapering Advise Wanted

I will recommend the same thing I always do Pea Patch fitted diapers with a wool cover www.princesspeapods.com
If it is neccesary for it to wick away I would go with wonderoos which can be stuffed to your needs--I've heard some mama's on here sell some AWESOME nighttime inserts. I've never had a leak in those either.
Gracie is sleeping in a berry plush tonight with a microfiber towel layed in the bottom as some extra absorbtion but they are a bit more pricey. HTH
Old 05-30-2006, 11:38 PM   #3
jodi5
Registered Users

My most inexpensive night time solution is just a cover and lay in a trifolded prefold and doubler. It really does work as long as you have a good cover. For the stay-dry effect, I usually just lay in a liner over top or I use a sleeve I got from Wiggle Worm Bottoms. For night time covers a lot of people like the solid colours from Wiggle Worm Bottoms. I have also found that fleece leg casings are really nice for night time. I use tootle shells, unfortunately they are not being made anymore. There are a couple other covers that have this feature, my precious baby has them and you can get a soaker that is lined with fleece with it. Here is a link"

http://www.mypreciousbabybyapril.com...DayToNightAIOs

For pocket diapers, I have good things about snap-ez so you might want to check that out too.

Of course a fitted and wool or fleece cover is always great as well.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:51 AM   #4
Termie
Registered Users
seller

We use FB with two hemp inserts from http://www.fuzzibunzstore.com I bought them all used so my cost was much less. We have 4 overnight dipes and I think they cost us about $38 including everything. As long as ds doesn't poop once we put him to bed these 4 are PLENTY.

We normally have him in each one for about 9-11hr as he's only 3mo but is sleeping all night. Once we both made mistakes and he was in one for 14hr. His hemp inserts were SOAKED near dripping, but his skin was barely damp - important to this mama! thankfully he hadn't poo'd until the very end - which is why I changed him and found how soaked he was and asked dh about it.
Termie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 09:03 AM   #5
Choose2bgr8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We use a fleece AI2. I don't know where they came from either. Sorry. But we love fleece AI2s. In the winter we use fitteds and wool.
Choose2bgr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 12:06 PM   #6
massage mama
Registered Users

I've found for my heavy wetter the FB with a prefold wrapped around a microfibre insert works for 12 hours and not super bulky. But just ercently switched to happy huggers and hemp insert with homemade wool cover, It is much bulkier but at least it is natural fibres next to his skin for 12 hours and his little bottom can breath form the ammonia being evaporated by the wool.
T
massage mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 12:10 PM   #7
vick
You know me; not much with the damseling.
seller

I use BBL fitteds with wool. Yeah, the initial cost is more than sposies, but you can't resell sposies
Old 05-31-2006, 09:13 PM   #8
mamabearoftwo
Registered Users

The more time I spend looking, the more confused I get.
mamabearoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 09:47 PM   #9
drenotdoctor
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We usually use a fleece cover with a hemp inlay or 3 for my ds, who soaks through everything. With my dd, usually a pocket, stuffed with hemp wrapped in a MF towel. Or a WWB with a trifolded pf inlay.

www.wigglewormbottoms.com
Old 05-31-2006, 09:58 PM   #10
wholesomemama
Registered Users
seller

I really like using pockets at night because of the dryness factor, that, and I do have a VBSN with a stay dry lining that I LOVE. You could use any brand of pocket, I really recommend stuffing with 1 hemp insert and one microfiber towel.

HTH and good luck
wholesomemama is offline   Reply With Quote