Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-20-2010, 02:12 PM   #1
littleleaf
Registered Users
Formerly: jcha***h
seller
seller

My Mood:
Celebrating toddlers

Ok, I know there's the whining, the screaming, the meltdowns, the stranger anxiety, the food pickiness, the throwing of things, and let's not forget the excessive use of the word "NO!" from both sides of the conversation.

But I have to say, this is SUCH a fun age! Now, every child is different, but I just wanted to share and hear what you love about your toddler...

I love...
- that he gives hugs and kisses to everything. Just the other day, he gave the toilet a big hug. (ok, we have been talking about the potty a lot lately). He's also hugged his diapers, the diaper bag, his books, our cats (even the unfriendly one), all his stuffed animals, fliers, the laundry, and all his buses, cars and airplanes. And of course, mommy and daddy get lots of hugs and kisses too.
- that he LOVES clothes shopping! seriously, I am so spoiled. Now if only I can find boy clothes that I love.
- that he loves dancing to music
- that he loves reading
- that he has a big laugh
- that he still has a round belly
- that he has a huge uncontrollable mop of hair (speaking of which, he needs a cut)
- that he loves getting nose drops (REALLY came in handy during the cold season... although I'm afraid he's going to be one of those kids who gets rocks jammed up their noses)

What do you love about toddlers?

Advertisement

SPOTS - new Thirsties and more ISO Jujube, Carters, Gymboree, Zutano girl clothes 18 months
littleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:49 PM   #2
Sleep deprived
Registered Users

Re: Celebrating toddlers

As much as I sometimes wish it didn't take a good hour or so to get him down most nights, I love snuggling DS right before sleep. He has me name all our parts - eyes, ears, nose, neck, belly button and moves my face to where he feels he needs kisses in order to sleep. (Usually right behind the ear or in the palm of his hand.) It's super-cute.
Sleep deprived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 03:33 PM   #3
Sigrid
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

1) the unrestrained love and excitement when they see someone they know - family, friends, animals, other little kids, etc.
2) the now becoming rare cuddles and kisses
3) seeing them develop so quickly - speech, coordination, understanding
Old 07-20-2010, 03:38 PM   #4
Jei
Registered Users

My Mood:

I missed those days when he would just roll over when I roll him over; when he would just be still and do what I wanted to do.
But I would not want to miss these wonderful things he does now. He tells me he loves me, too all the time, he sings songs for me, he hugs me, he kisses me, he tells me what he does in preschool, he dresses himself sometimes, he says "hi" to strangers, he yells "I did it!" when he accomplishes something.... and so much more. I would want to be part of all the new things that he learns as he grows.
Jei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:28 PM   #5
nakedbabytoes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

-HUMOR!
Toddlers are so darn funny!!
-That they RUN everywhere and are on the verge of loosing control and crashing horribly(and do!)
-That they are very forgiving when slighted, forgetting it in under a minute usually.
-That they say the cutest things because they hear it that way. "Shave Big Monkeys at Menards!" is very popular here.
-That they are very independant at times and yet thrive in being babied at others.
-That they think older kids ROCK!
-That they love bugs and flowers and music and water and sand. Simple pleasures!
-That when they walk, they walk slowly like they have all the time in the world, which reminds me to slow down too. Groceries still get bought and things still get mailed and life WILL wait.
My favorite age is 18months to 3yrs. I have 5 of them!

Last edited by nakedbabytoes; 07-20-2010 at 04:40 PM.
nakedbabytoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:51 PM   #6
AHIAMOM
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The thing I have been really loving about my toddler lately is how cute he is to nurse. I love how before he latches on he gives the "boo" a big hug and smile. It's not at all directed at me, it is directed directly to his boo. I love that!
Earn money for your searches with Swagbucks http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2my4kiddos
AHIAMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:33 AM   #7
PierogiBaby
Registered Users
Formerly: ndebele
seller

Aw.. sweet thread

I love how they thrive on making others laugh!

And this is specific to my DS.. but he can find the tiniest flowers (I usually don't notice them) and he loves to give them to people

Feedback on thebabywearer.com under the same name
PierogiBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:22 AM   #8
UnderTheStars
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love their excitement over the littlest things (like blueberries for breakfast!).
I love their innocence and the way they look at everything in wonder.
I love the humor and the way they sometimes use the wrong words for things.
I love the crazy dancing and the made-up songs.
I love the adorable way that they speak (ie, "I wuv you!", "Pwease!").
I love that they can be totally independent one minute and wanting to cuddle the next.
I love that they think you are the funniest person on Earth.
Heck, I love pretty much everything.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:16 PM   #9
Sleep deprived
Registered Users

Can I just add that I loved taking him blueberrying this weekend and watching him stuff himself silly on blueberries? Seriously, he was eating like I might take the bush away. So cute! I think he ate his own weight in berries before he got bored.
Sleep deprived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:45 PM   #10
GirlHouse
Registered Users

I'm so very glad I found this thread! We had a terrible day today. He's teething (molars!).
AF is visiting.
I never thought that being a stay at home mom would be the hardest job I'd ever have!!
GirlHouse is offline   Reply With Quote