Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-23-2010, 09:59 PM   #1
boy-oh-boy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Bummed

DSS1 was removed from his home yesterday for a repeated sexual acting-out towards his little sister. He's going to be living with his gma and being allowed no contact with other kids. BM is upset and feeling like a failure as a parent, I'm bummed, DH acknowledges that of course DSS (12.5yo) is going to be curious and possibly trying things - but angry about it being towards the sister (not DH's child) and the sister's age as well (6).

He's going to be gone indefinitely. We can't see him unless we don't have our kids here, and BM can't have him at her house unless her other kids are gone. DH is being a butt and insisting that he can take DSS on a float trip with our side of the family next week (with all of the cousins and some extra kids). DH is the kind of guy who thinks he is above any rules and can do whatever the something he wants. It's infuriating.

DSS2 comes home from his summer visitation with HIS other family next Friday. He's fairly close to DSS1, and it is going to be tough having to tell him that he won't be able to see DSS1 for a looooong time.

Advertisement

Old 07-23-2010, 10:07 PM   #2
klilley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Bummed

mama, it will all work out....
wife to my lover and best friend; City girl, in the closet semi-crunchy, First time mama to our PRECIOUS homebirthed baby girl born 03/10. EDD 10/28/11 We babywear, co-sleep, , EC'ng, ...!! Breastmilk Donor

My ISO http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1232959
klilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:07 PM   #3
Winter
Registered Users
seller

Sorry to hear this!
Isn't there some kind of transitional help that can be sought for a supervised visitation? I mean, think of the phsycolocical ramifications that could happen if your DSS1 is alienated for his natural (albeit innappropriate with his sister) curiosity!

Last edited by Winter; 07-23-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:14 PM   #4
boy-oh-boy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't know. His mom homeschools him, so she's getting to taker her younger ones to school, then pick him up to do his schooling, then take him back before picking up the others. At least this way she will still get time with him. And she will get to be with him at her mom's house, but he can't be around the younger kids. His other option was juvie, which neither BM nor DH felt would be a good choice. The biggest problem is that it is a repeated offense amidst still going to his therapy sessions. I don't feel like he is being alienated so much as severely restricted.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:22 PM   #5
Winter
Registered Users
seller

Well, that's good that he can still be with his mom for school. Sad that he is going to miss out on alot of memories with his sister. How do you feel about your husband wanting to overstep his son's limitations with get togethers?
Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 08:05 PM   #6
boy-oh-boy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

He ended up talking to BM about it and she emphasized that she did not want him to go on the trip. And he doesn't fight with the BMs over anything like he would with me. So, he won't be going.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:33 AM   #7
Jei
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm glad things went the right way. I will pray for your family.
Jei is offline   Reply With Quote