Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-24-2010, 01:32 PM   #21
cathrynapple
Registered Users

Re: Nursing to sleep....need advice on that and napping....

I think parents should do what works for their families. Many people think nursing to sleep is a "problem." Ask yourself why it is a problem for you. If she nurses to sleep in a few minutes and sleeps well after that, then I'd say you have a good thing going. If the nursing to sleep is causing a lack of sleep or a resentfullness for members of the household, then you could think about introducing other methods of comfort and sleep.

Advertisement

cathrynapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 06:36 PM   #22
doodah
Registered Users
seller

have you tried putting her down earlier? Perhaps you are waiting too long and she is over stimulated and having a hard time settling OR you could try going to two naps a day and getting her to bed earlier in the evening. A lot of times those two naps will total the amount of the three naps anyway.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 06:43 PM   #23
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Nursed both my babies to sleep. eventually nursing quit working and we had to start a night time routine that didn't include the breast. No biggie. Enjoy this time while it lasts!
Old 07-24-2010, 11:05 PM   #24
jacquelinemarie82
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

You are right that I am second guessing myself....just feeling like she has to do something or another.

Well we have just decided that we will nurse till drowsy and then lay her down. That worked well tonight. She does not sleep long stretches.....maybe 4 or 5 hours at most. She still eats at least once a night if not twice. I have a large supply of milk so she mainly eats because I need her to eat. We are working on stretching her out longer and longer though. I really think she would sleep longer if not for my milk supply but it's getting better.

I think I will just do what works for us. She is happy and goes to sleep when nursed so I'll just do that.
jacquelinemarie82 is offline   Reply With Quote