Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-24-2010, 07:32 AM   #1
stephy4632
Licensed Knitter
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
packing school lunch do I have everything she will need?

this is what I have so far for my oldest DD that is starting all day kindy this fall. I have never had to pack a lunch before and I don`t want her eatting school provided my personal choice. So is there anything else I need ?

I have 6 more snacktaxi bags coming

http://

any tips would be great I am so nervouse about her eatting at school as we have had weight issues with her since birth (being under weight ).

Advertisement

stephy4632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:11 AM   #2
z2akids
Registered Users
seller

Re: packing school lunch do I have everything she will need?

Personally I would say you have more than you need. It depends though on how often you plan to do dishes. I only keep one set of plastic containers plus several reusable cloth ziplock style bags.

The only thing that I would comment on is the insulated sleeve/lunchbox. My boys usually go through 2 of those a year (although they are not laptop lunchbox brand). The reason is that they don't always get their left over containers shut tight and stuff eventually gets into the cloth lunchbox and it gets icky after several months. I usually replace their lunchbag around the first of the year.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:20 PM   #3
stephy4632
Licensed Knitter
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I rise dishes off and fill the dishwasher nightly but only run it every other night sometimes takes 3 evenings to fill depending on if dh has been home or not.

I was thinking about ordering another bag but wasn`t sure how long they normaly held up
stephy4632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 03:30 PM   #4
3Xblessed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think you have a little bit of overkill. We have some wrap'n'mats and some tupperware to put fruit in.

If you are really good about cleaning out the lunch boxes and containers right when they get home stuff lasts all year. If not it def. gets grubby/smelly.

We typically pack sandwiches, fruit, granola and yogurt for the kids. Some of it gets eaten for snack and some for lunch. When my dd first got braces we did a thermos with soup in place of the sandwich.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:25 PM   #5
z2akids
Registered Users
seller

I took a second look and noticed that you don't have a thermos.

Personally, I send a thermos of milk (because I figured out that the little cartons they sell at school work out to a $8.00 gallon of milk. So, I send my own. The kids also usually get some combination of: sandwich (in a reusable baggie), fruit (depends on the fruit), cheese stick (in its packaging), granola bar (in its packaging), soup (in a thermos), leftovers (in a container), crackers and cheese (in a reusable baggie), carrots or broccoli and dip (in a reusable baggie and container), etc.

Basically, what I'm saying is that I don't use anywhere near that many containers in a week.