Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-24-2010, 02:04 PM   #1
frenchyloveslarry
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Are my kids the only kids that destroy everything?

Gosh we rent a condo and the last place we rented we ended up owing 800 bucks after they took our deposit cause the kids just thrashed everything well here we are new place and they start up again we have rules like no eating upstairs or on the carpet and take your shoes off if upstairs and things like that but my new carpet is stained already only 3 months into it and the kids room door hinges are falling off and they just destroy everything am I the only momma with kids like this?

Advertisement

Old 07-24-2010, 03:47 PM   #2
BeccaD777
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Are my kids the only kids that destroy everything?

You are not alone! My youngest 2 are like that. They put holes in the wall! Color on the walls with crayons, spill stuff CONSTANTLY! Just crazy things that you would not believe if I told you. One would think I never watch them or discipline them or teach them, but I do. I turn my back for a minute and something else happens. Drives me crazy!
Old 07-24-2010, 05:51 PM   #3
bezark
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My (not quite) 16 month old is on his way there. In the last ~2 weeks he has:

-knocked at least 3 glasses of red Crystal Light fruit punch out of my hands, thus ruining 1 area rug and 2.5 outfits
-torn an antique chalk portrait to pieces
-broken my favorite vase
-pulled one of the cabinet doors off of my great-great grandmother's wind up victrola
-damaged one of the plaster walls in the foyer
-found, opened, and emptied the contents of a bottle of acrylic paint. Onto my wood floors. In the one room we just had refinished.

I swear I AM an attentive parent, he's just too darn quick! And when he knows I'm coming, he scrambles to do whatever destructive thing he's working on faster than I can scoop him up.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:00 PM   #4
LunaBirch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Nope.. your not alone. This is exactly why when we moe into an apartment I request that they LEAVE the already damaged carpet and nt replace it prior to move in. We also go thrugh and fix all the damage as best we can before we check out.. which has included, priming/painting walls, fixing holes in the wall, fixing hinges/outlet covers/cupboard doors, and of course some serious carpet cleaning. Oh yes, and they DESTROY the blinds.. so we have had to replace them in all our places as well.
LunaBirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 06:02 PM   #5
Miles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Not that bad, but we have a couple holes in the girls room due to them screwing around. Beyond that no we have no real issues thankfully.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:36 PM   #6
crazylife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There`s a site called sh*t my kids ruined (all one word) that always makes me feel better :-p

My one boy spilled an entire can of paint on the carpet a couple years ago so now we have a strategically placed mat on it, ack! And really it`s my own fault for having the paint can in the living room but REALLY...of all the things to knock over it HAD to be the paint...
crazylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 06:42 PM   #7
doodah
Registered Users
seller

Every kid has accidents and the age (plus having boys) means there is going to be wear and tear in the house. Still, if the kids are purposely destroying stuff than that is a clear sign that they are either A. bored or B. do not have consequences to stop those type of actions.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 06:50 PM   #8
julesbulia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

funny. i tell all my friends who are expecting that they have to start a 'Replace Everything You Have Fund'.
Especially with a boy--my daughter NEVER got into stuff, but the boy, BOY does he take everything apart. He wants to know how things are made, he's so curious. I tell myself its because he's so smart, and that the camera, phones, DVD player, vases, books, every knob everywhere, and all his and his sisters nice toys are worth it for his education.

Last edited by julesbulia; 07-24-2010 at 06:52 PM.
julesbulia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 06:52 PM   #9
Ashley Denine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

LOL. nope I have 3 monsters too.
Today I seen that my middle child took scissors to my oldest childs chapter books. we have cupcakes smeared all over the floor and they all brought huge piles of mud in the house on purpose.

We rent too, b/c were always getting orders to new places no sense in buying =P
and we pay a lot out of our deposits too. the house we are in we have only been here since oct 09' and the sun room has small holes in the wall. upstairs there is a large brown spot where one of them decided to put their artwork up using a brown crayon. Toothpaste has been smeared on the cabinet in the bathroom and the tub, the walls, the toilet paper. lol

I feel like Im losing my Mind most days b/c all I do is chase them around telling them no you cant do this or that and somehow the second Im not looking they do it anyways. We do have set rules and consequences, but it seems worth the risk to them and they break the rules anyways. ((hugs)) your not alone

Trash to Treasure blog. FOLLOW ME!
http://1dress1week.blogspot.com/
Ashley Denine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 07:08 PM   #10
MamaNae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You're not alone!! My kids are the king and queen of destruction.

My daughter has single handedly destroyed every single set of blinds we own (rental) seriously...It's pathetic. We have dings in the wall to the stairs because she pitched toys down the stairs. I'm scared of what our deposit will look like!!
Renae. Helpmeet to my hottie hubby, Josh. Devoted Mama to my Wolf scout-bookworm-sports-a-holic James (7), my Daisy Scout Princess Aldria (5) and my 2 year old Tornado Emmett and [COLOR="Magenta"] and my tiny squish Cora Paige! (May 2013)
MamaNae is offline   Reply With Quote