Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-31-2006, 06:36 PM   #11
Kylie&Logan'sMommy
A Mommy's Work is Never Done
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: scheduled c-sections - when do they sched you?

In my case we scheduled the date at about 28 weeks and it is scheduled for 38 weeks.

Advertisement

Old 05-31-2006, 06:46 PM   #12
Fullhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanna
I took myself off the heavy drugs w/in 4 days of the 2nd C, it took me two weeks w/ the first. That was a HUGE concern for me as I saw the effect the drugs had on my breastfeeding newborn.
Why were you on pain killers that long? That's crazy!
Fullhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 06:47 PM   #13
Mel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was scheduled for mine to be done at 39 weeks.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:57 PM   #14
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

i'll start by saying i've NEVER had a c-section. as far as shanna being on painkillers that long...some mama's just really need them. personally i'm not one of them but hay different mama's different pain tolerances lol. but i was curious as to why you're (meaning britt haha) so sure you're going to HAVE to have a c-section again? it's possible in lots of cases to go vbac.
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 07:15 PM   #15
Shanna
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4littlemonkeys
Why were you on pain killers that long? That's crazy!

And I think I have a pretty high pain tolerance. I labored w/o pain meds for 14 hrs on a pit drip. I was actually really looking forward to labor w/ the second one. I figured if I could do it that long on pit, I could do it naturally piece of cake! Guess I jinxed myself! Anyhow, the recovery w/ the 1st was HORRIBLE! I had every pillow in the house propped up so I could sleep in a sitting position because I couldn't get out of bed w/o excruciating pain. It was like a hundred tweezers pinching bits of skin across the incision. It took me a full 7 weeks to feel no pain w/ the first. I was good to go by 1 week w/ the second. Huge difference.
Shanna, loving wife and Mommy to Tanner 7-03, Jenna 4-05, our sweetheart in heaven, and Nathan 1-08. Check out my ETSY shop nicely stocked with wetbags for diapers AND kitchen, "unpaper" towels galore and fun burlap accessories for the home!
Shanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 07:18 PM   #16
aimeemarie
Registered Users
seller

I was on vicodin for about 3 weeks after my csection...and I never saw an effect on my baby. It sucks that they will not let you go into labor on your own--I have an issue with baby not being ready to go!

I've also heard its easier with the 2nd because your nerves down there are not that "alive" or something. And you know what to expect. However, I will most likely have a busy toddler with my next baby so I expect recovery to be a bit difficult!

Last edited by aimeemarie; 05-31-2006 at 07:19 PM.
aimeemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 07:38 PM   #17
ewebabymama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just out of curiosity why is a VBAC out of the question? I had a section with my first after 3 days of labor that ended in over 3 hours pushing and having my son by emergency c-section. I did schedule a repeat section in the case that I went overdue. My doc would let me go two weeks past my due date, but any longer and I'd have the repeat section... So we scheduled the section, but I went into spontaneous labor at 37 weeks. Given the circumstances of my first section my chances for a successful VBAC were less than 10%. I did however, have a very successful VBAC!!!! My water broke at home at 7:30pm, I started having hard contractions at 9:00pm and my daughter was in my arms at 10:57pm that night!

Each labor is so very different that you really can't take a prior labor into the equation. I'm not trying to be pushy in any way, I am just a huge advocate for VBAC. It's a very liberating thing to overcome the "odds". Please do a more than a "bit" of research about this. Look at it this way, you can try for the VBAC and if you aren't able to do it at least you can say you tried!
ewebabymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 07:39 PM   #18
milniks7
Registered Users
seller

I had 4 babies vaginally..then number 5 was an unplanned section due to a large baby that was transverse and 2 weeks overdue( I always go wayyy overdue!) so number 6 was a planned section..only 3 days before due date..then( a new DR) with number 7 i had another planned section, this time 10 days early. I was out of the hopital after one whole day..not a bad recovery at all...But like some pp's said, i have a pretty high tolerance for pain..I never took any drugs other than tylenol....I actually dreaded having the staples taken out the most! I am done having babies(boo hoo) because with this last the Dr told me my uterus was vey thin and he advised me to be done...and dh and i felt like we were done anyway and dh was sooo scared by that comment from the dr....7 is a good number for me! But my baby will be one on the 15th of June..wahhh!

Nikki
mom to Shea,Anya,Molly,Luke,Noah,Aedan and Lachlan
milniks7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 09:55 PM   #19
mom_of_3g_1b
Registered Users
seller

My c-section was scheduled just over 4 weeks before hand. It was crazy knowing the exact date of birth.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:07 PM   #20
Bridym
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi

I just got mine booked yesterday. I had a nice long talk with my OB and she explained everything really good.
I have mine booked for 38.6 weeks (almost 39weeks)
She told me that they hate doing emergancy c-sections and would not like it if I was in labour at all. She told me it is a lot harder on your body to have a c-section while in labour, and it is harder to do a c-section on a women who is in labour, which is why they always book them 1-2 weeks before your EDD.

I have been give stricked rules that if I go into labour before my c-section date I have to get to the hospital A.S.A.P. if I have not changed my mind. She said I will be given medication to stop my labour so a c-section can be done. If my water breaks, same thing, so I understand it to be a serious thing that they really don't want you to be in labour at all.

She also reasured me that the baby would be ready at 39 weeks which is something I was worried about.

hth
Bridy