Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-05-2010, 10:03 PM   #21
punkinbaby
Registered Users
Formerly: vegaslibra
seller

My Mood:
Re: April 2010 Lil Peeps!!!

We are waiting for 6 mod at least also. Olivia had NO interest in food until well after a year.
Erin I hear ya on the overly independent thing Olivia has been driving me crazy with it.
Shannon I'm so glad you got some meds I really hope they help. Good luck on the job hunt.

Advertisement

Last edited by punkinbaby; 08-05-2010 at 10:07 PM.
punkinbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:09 PM   #22
Aurelie
Registered Users
seller

I think some babies are ready for solids before others. With my twins, ali started solids and did great around 5.5 months. Stuart didn't show any signs of being ready until much later---so he began eating solids around 9-10 months. I'm going to wait as long as possible with this babe to let her gut hopefully even out and heal and because it seems she may be allergy prone.

On another note, how are you guys feeling about post-partum bodies these days? I lost what I was going to lose early and recently started the hard workoff for the rest.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:22 PM   #23
Fire In The Disco
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I try not to think of my postpartum body, Aurelie.

Seriously, I lost all of my pregnancy weight plus 10 lbs in the first 6 weeks. Now at 4 months I have gained back 5 of those extra 10 lbs. I just can't stop eating. It's like I have a tapeworm. Everyone tells me that you need to eat more to produce milk, but I think maybe I'm just not eating the right foods since I shouldn't have gained back those pounds!

Putting that Early Childhood Development degree to good use these days!
, , ,
Fire In The Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:19 AM   #24
mamamonkmee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was feeling good about mine had lost 3olbs and had only gained 7lbs with will. fitting into a size 5 jeans and even some 3s but then the stress hit me and i've put 5lbs back on and twice yesterday alex asked me if i was gonna have another baby. sigh.

gonna be a long day. i been up since 5am and was about to go back to sleep with will and a & e woke up. I can barely keep my eyes open. and i cant nap and let eian run loose like i could alex at that age. to top it eian is whiny cuz he's still sleepy but not he's not gonna take a nap.
mamamonkmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:24 AM   #25
Fire In The Disco
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Today my sweet little munchkin is 4 months old. How did this happen???? I swear she was born just a month ago!

She loves rolling over both ways, and now prefers to stand over sitting. She's been playing a LOT in her jolly jumper (the doorway hanging kind) and thinks it's the coolest thing ever. I love this baby SOOOOOOOO much!!

, , ,
Old 08-06-2010, 08:36 AM   #26
tuckergirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

awww, cute Aimee! Alex wants to stand too. If he's in your lap he'll try to push to standing and if you don't help him, he'll unleash the wrath of baby! Too cute though. We have a similar jumper and he really likes it. He can't quite reach the monkey toy that's on it, but it's apparently fascinating.

Turns out I have a thumb sucker too now! He's abandoned the pacifier and gets his hand to his mouth whenever he can. I was hoping it'd help him sleep longer stretches both at nap and nighttime, but it slides out of his mouth and then he wakes himself up by smacking himself in the face trying to get it back in and gets upset. darn. We're still swaddling him at night because the booger just can't keep his hands out of his face. I'm really hoping that in the next couple of months when he gets a little more control of them that he stops that. It's so frustrating to get him to sleep for a nap only to watch him smack himself and wake back up. I'm sure he's not so thrilled about it either!
Old 08-06-2010, 08:42 AM   #27
Fire In The Disco
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckergirl View Post
awww, cute Aimee! Alex wants to stand too. If he's in your lap he'll try to push to standing and if you don't help him, he'll unleash the wrath of baby! Too cute though. We have a similar jumper and he really likes it. He can't quite reach the monkey toy that's on it, but it's apparently fascinating.
Cecilia is exactly like that! She goes all stiff backed and pushes up into a standing position, and complains vociferously if you don't hold her like that! She jumps on our laps too. Apparently we are her glorified jolly jumper.

, , ,
Old 08-06-2010, 10:55 AM   #28
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The weight thing . . .

I don't know if you remember me whining about my sister who likes to borrow my clothes PP as her "fat clothes".

Well she is 6 weeks PP and has already given me back my clothes because she is back in her own clothes.

As for me I'm stuck like I always am about 15 -20 lbs up. Some people have a "fighting weight" - I've got a nursing weight. Apparently it is somewhere between 137-140. I'm 5' 7" so I can pull it off, but I have NO regular clothes to wear that fit (bottoms) - it is driving me NUTS.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:46 PM   #29
punkinbaby
Registered Users
Formerly: vegaslibra
seller

My Mood:

I started back at weight watchers so I can kick this weight. I'm 3 lbs shy of my pre-preg weight but 15-20s from my goal weight. My tatas are never going to be the same and I want a boob job, not to make them bigger just perky again.

So I'm selling a bunch of stuf and I asked dh if I should sell my maternity clothes and he said no we might change our minds. I was totally in shock I thought he was 100 % sure we were done. I'm about 90%.

Last edited by punkinbaby; 08-06-2010 at 12:48 PM.
punkinbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:14 PM   #30
NimblePhish
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My medication's first side effect is loss of appetite and weight loss add that to no longer breast feeding and I am 10lbs under what I was when I got pregnant. It didn't fall off instantly which was actually my fear, to rapid of a loss may have forced my doctor to adjust my medication. I feel like my old mind is back (meds are doing an amazing job) and I almost have my old body back. I need to start working out, even just for it's psychological benefits.