Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-10-2010, 07:33 PM   #11
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I just feel depressed all the time...

Both my kids have food allergies and eczema, so I know where you're coming from. We had them tested at a naturopath (simple heel prick) and found out there were more intolerances that hadn't shown up on the allergist's screen. Once we eliminated those foods, things cleared up so quickly! Perhaps there's something else bothering her system?

In any case, you are a fantastic mama dealing with some hard issues. Remember to give yourself some credit for all that you do for your girls.

Advertisement

Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:07 AM   #12
magooken
Registered Users
seller

being a mom of 2 is hard! i know exactly how you feel. i also know my limits. when i was on maternity leave, my oldest went to day care most days. i felt that she would have a better time there, since the focus would be more on her. honestly, if she were at home, i don't know how much fun any of us would have had and she probably would have watched more tv than i would have liked . so...if you can, take the oldest to day care a couple days a week. and there's no need to feel guilty about it .
Old 08-11-2010, 08:13 AM   #13
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller

My Mood:

when i nursed my kiddos before they were toddlers, if i drank milk(even a little) and had a lot of cheese and such, they would get bad eczema.

now that they are both toddlers, if they get even a glass of milk, they flair up like nobodys business.

it took us until recently to find out the cause.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:16 AM   #14
jacquelinemarie82
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I'm so sorry you are feeling overwhelmed. I don't know why your kids have allergies. I have a friend with a dd that is allergic to so many things....it's so hard for her to go anywhere or to take her dd anywhere as a result.

I'm sorry your little one is itchy and scratchy. Poor little thing. That's tough watching your baby struggle.

Wish I could come over and give you a break for just a little bit. Sounds like at the very least you need an afternoon off along with a good meal and a nap.
jacquelinemarie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:14 AM   #15
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabelino View Post
when i nursed my kiddos before they were toddlers, if i drank milk(even a little) and had a lot of cheese and such, they would get bad eczema.

now that they are both toddlers, if they get even a glass of milk, they flair up like nobodys business.

it took us until recently to find out the cause.

Thanks. My ODD is allergic to milk and I know she gets a bit of eczema if she eats any dairy products for a few days (i.e. now and then she might accidentally eat cheese crackers or I let her have a piece of cake at a party). She has never had a serious reaction and it does seem like she is starting to grow out of it at 2.5. But yeah, so my initial thoughts have been DD2 could also be sensitive to milk so I haven't had any dairy for 2 weeks and still seeing how it goes. It's easy enough since I've been doing it for DD2 for the last 2 years.

Thanks everybody for all the support, I do appreciate it. I took my baby to the ped last week and got some prescription cream for her, and within 3 days it had almost totally cleared up. It is so much better now but the diaper rash is still there. I know this isn't a long term solution but I just couldn't keep letting it get worse and worse. She has been sleeping a lot better and not so cranky. I don't feel like we've found the answer and the medical community frustrates me a little with their willingness to medicate but not really help to find a solution for what is triggering it. We will use the HC cream for a week and then wait and see what happens once we discontinue. Sigh. Babies are too much work. Why are mine such high maintenance?