Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-10-2010, 08:52 PM   #11
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Anyone else have a strong headed baby under 1??

Kara started throwing full out tantrums (throwing herself on the floor and kicking and screaming) about 10 months. she is now just over a year old and I am scared for the terrible 2's also!

Advertisement

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:44 PM   #12
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DD is has been very, very bull-headed from the get go. We got our first full-fledged tantrum at 7mths old. Now at 15mths, we fight a lot. Haha! This week it's the DVR. We remove her, she goes right back. Over and over and over again. She was trying to unplug the A/C and I swatted her hand(don't bother flaming me. It's a safety hazard for her to do this) and removed her. Not 10 seconds later, she was right back at it. NOTHING deters this child. She is hilarious, cute and mostly an angel, but the stubborness is something else. Hang in there!
Old 08-10-2010, 09:53 PM   #13
cathrynapple
Registered Users

I recommend reading this book: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

Having a spirited or strong willed child is often viewed as a negative thing, but with the right tools to reign in that will a bit, you can enjoy the positives. Spirited kids are usually good leaders, very bright, and creative.
cathrynapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 02:40 AM   #14
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yup, got a "spirited" dd here too
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:07 AM   #15
MaxCapacity
Registered Users
Formerly: newfluffma
seller

My Mood:

My boys did not do this (as much), but my daughter is FAMOUS for it! I call her sassyfrass because she is just SO sassy! Girls (IMHO) are so much different than boys at this age. The snotiness/sassyness starts much earlier (in my house, anyway). But what I'm saying is that Mae has done this since about 9 mos also & it's still happening at 21 mos. I'm wondering when it will go away or if we'll get a break from it before the actual 2 year mark. I'm thinking not. Consistency is key, but I'm sure you know that. Just think, a strong-willed/minded child hopefully means a leader in the future, instead of a follower. :mrgeen:
Old 08-11-2010, 07:28 AM   #16
novemberlily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathrynapple View Post
I recommend reading this book: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

Having a spirited or strong willed child is often viewed as a negative thing, but with the right tools to reign in that will a bit, you can enjoy the positives. Spirited kids are usually good leaders, very bright, and creative.
Sounds like a good read for sure.
Although DH and I are both very spirited (not to be conceited or anything lol) and we would never hinder any of children from growing, spirited child or not. Both of us are musicians and he is very artistic and I am a writer. It's not a surprise our child would end up like this either....I just don't know how to deal with her intense emotions sometimes, as mine are just as intense.

But it's nice to know I'm not the only who experiences it.
novemberlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:17 AM   #17
Icryinbaseball
Registered Users

Kaia sounds just like that. My oldest didnt seem to be that head strong that young though.
Icryinbaseball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:13 AM   #18
crunch!910
Registered Users

DS started throwing tantrums about 9-10 months, when he started walking. His tantrums are almost always after I pick him up or try to hold his hand and take him away from something he can't do/have. He'll throw his arms to the ground and put his face there, and just scream and cry. It is awful. Can I skip this stage, please? He's VERY stubborn.. but so am I.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:20 AM   #19
crunch!910
Registered Users

double post
Old 08-11-2010, 07:51 PM   #20
hiding57
Registered Users
seller

Oh some on now that's mild, my son (he 14 months now but this started at oh 8ish) when I take something away or won't let him touch, screams, tries to bite me and/or throws himself prostrate on the floor and rubs his head around to show me how distressed he is. It's kind of funny in a way. My daughter didn't have tantrums like this till she was two. It's actually lessening some now.
hiding57 is offline   Reply With Quote