Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-16-2010, 08:40 AM   #31
natesgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Share your Bento Boxes!

I went to one of our asian grocery stores yesterday and they have all three sizes of the "mr" bentos, some cutters, boxes, little chopsticks, onigri molds and such

Advertisement

Old 08-16-2010, 08:56 AM   #32
keonli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by natesgirl View Post
I went to one of our asian grocery stores yesterday and they have all three sizes of the "mr" bentos, some cutters, boxes, little chopsticks, onigri molds and such
The places in my area do not have these items. They will sell some cute tricycles or chairs with the characters on typical boxes but they don't sell the actual bento items. So disappointed.

On a side note, I received my items. I was disappointed that the little cupcake like cups aren't fully silicone so they wont' last.

The boxes were also small. They're the kind you have to stack on top of each otehr but since my toddler doesn't have a huge appetite, maybe it won't matter. I will be ordering more items tho.
keonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:40 AM   #33
natesgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

bento boxes are tiny when you see them.
it's because they go by volume of how much you're supposed to eat per your height and weight
and there is a rice to veggie to protein ratio too that Japanese people use to pack their bentos.
my girls have some kid sized bentos, and some of the ones they use are more my size which is still small LOL
we should get a daiso co op together. and order through them it's not too bad but it's by the case, if there is interest let me know
Old 08-17-2010, 07:42 AM   #34
keonli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I attempted my first egg molds yesterday. It turned out cute (except my fish didn't have a tail) and my son actually gobbled up the eggs...until he reached the yolk. At that point, he put down the egg and said "It's nasty!"

Check out how cute the eggs are!

I am going to buy a few more items (silicone cupcake liners cute food picks -the ones I have are too short for mini fruit kabobs- and soy sauce containers as well as a few cute cookie cutters).

I need to check the Asian markets for medium grain rice since all we eat is regular jasmine rice and those aren't good for rice balls or rice molds.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:49 AM   #35
Yeladim=simcha
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by keonli View Post
I attempted my first egg molds yesterday. It turned out cute (except my fish didn't have a tail) and my son actually gobbled up the eggs...until he reached the yolk. At that point, he put down the egg and said "It's nasty!"

Check out how cute the eggs are!

I am going to buy a few more items (silicone cupcake liners cute food picks -the ones I have are too short for mini fruit kabobs- and soy sauce containers as well as a few cute cookie cutters).

I need to check the Asian markets for medium grain rice since all we eat is regular jasmine rice and those aren't good for rice balls or rice molds.
I've got some of these molds (and the heart and star set) in my Amazon basket. My kids love eggs, and I bet even more so molded into shapes.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:08 AM   #36
keonli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Egg molds are fun. I took his half eaten eggs and added them to my salad. LOL
Old 08-17-2010, 10:17 AM   #37
natesgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree I think the yare fun too! I find my ice cream sandwich molds work a ton better though. I always end up with a fish without a tail or something with the actual molds, maybe japanese eggs are different LOL
Old 08-17-2010, 10:19 AM   #38
natesgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keonli View Post

I have short grain rice (you can get it anywhere "sushi" rice, but I make rice balls with jasmine rice all the time works just fine
Old 08-17-2010, 10:27 AM   #39
MomsGirl
Registered Users

Where are some links to get it online? It's a little confusing.... Does it come with instructions?
MomsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:35 AM   #40
natesgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomsGirl View Post
Where are some links to get it online? It's a little confusing.... Does it come with instructions?
they have tutorials all over the web
I have one here for ice cream sandwich makers http://pleasegivepeasachance.blogspo...lded-eggs.html
I do the same with the egg molds, peel them while hot , put them in the mold close it up and put it in ice water