Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-11-2010, 09:28 PM   #11
nalazimbala
Registered Users
seller

Re: toys: wood VS plastic?

[QUOTE=eaglewife126;10957453]are the melissa and doug play foods good sets? i'm looking at those on amazon, they look really nice....
also has anyone bought the recycled plastic sets? like this?
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B002KE5GPS/ref=nosim/chrisficti-20

m&d are made in china, so if you have other options, i would go with them. As for green toys, DD has the tea set and it's one of her favorite toys. I like green toys...they're recycled, made in the usa, bpa free, & very durable.

Advertisement

Old 08-11-2010, 09:36 PM   #12
Janine
Registered Users

My Mood:

[QUOTE=eaglewife126;10957453]are the melissa and doug play foods good sets? i'm looking at those on amazon, they look really nice....
also has anyone bought the recycled plastic sets? like this?
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B002KE5GPS/ref=nosim/chrisficti-20

I avoid Melissa and Doug just because I avoid toys made in China when possible. I just got DD a plate/cup set from Green Toys and I like them so far.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:37 PM   #13
smashncakes
Registered Users
Formerly: bren***this
seller
seller

My Mood:

IKEA has some cute cloth food sets, as well as lots of metal, wood, and stoneware plates, cups, dishes, pots & pans etc for super low prices. Not sure about paint or the whole sustainability side of it, but they are a nice option for a lower budget We have a pretty good mix of wood & plastic toys, but I find that the kids tend to play with the wood stuff more often and, like mentioned above, I think it just looks nicer too. I generally have less worries about toys breaking & me not noticing when it comes to wood toys as well. We have a few of the M&D food sets and the kids love them & they get played with everyday and have held up really well, some were gifts, some I got for practically free after sales & coupons when a local department store was going out of business..I'm not gonna turn down the grandparents actually making an effort to buy wood or the opportunity to get them for practically nothing, even if they are made in China

Last edited by smashncakes; 08-11-2010 at 10:40 PM.
smashncakes is offline   Reply With Quote