Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-10-2010, 10:21 PM   #1
Minniebees
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
seller

My Mood:
What do moms with only one kid do all day?

I guess I'm going to find out.

In all seriousness, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with myself after school starts. My oldest 2 are going to be in school all day. The bus stop is literally in front of my house, so I don't have to walk them or take them to school. I am only going to have a 2 year old, who still takes 3 hour naps during the day. What am I supposed to do?

I have always been so bus hauling one kid to and from school, waking the little one up from her naps to haul kids back and forth. I had to take my ds to school and wait for him for 9 hours a week. And he had so much therapy every day. Every minute was scheduled, and it was a constant back and forth. Go to this school, come home for this therapy, go to that school, go to this therapy and on and on. I never had a minute. Add to that dh being deployed for 14 months, so I did it all on my own. Now, I am going to be sending them off to the bus at 7:30. The baby doesn't wake up until 9:30. Then she naps at 11 for 3 hours. And the kids will be home at 3. Dh isn't deployed. What am I supposed to do all day?

Advertisement

Old 08-10-2010, 10:29 PM   #2
slingmama4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What do moms with only one kid do all day?

Enjoy it!

read, learn a new hobby, crocht, knit, sew, clean, organize, exercize, bake, have a friend over, go back to school (online), make phone calls, set appointments, write a letter, enjoy the peace and quiet, etc...

......and when your Lo is awake how wonderful it will be for you to get to play one on one with her and she'll get your absolute attention. What a blessing!
Old 08-10-2010, 10:51 PM   #3
nceveritt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Unless you want to be addicted to DS , you're going to need to find a hobby

Like our store on Facebook
nceveritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:53 PM   #4
amitchell98
Registered Users
seller

Learn to do something new Like knit!

And wow. Your little one is only up for 1.5 hrs. in the morning before taking a 3 hr. nap. That's something! My son is up for like 5 hrs. before napping.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:56 PM   #5
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:

After having three kids only having one during the day is a total breeze. I work during the day and my son sits with me and talks, watches movies, etc., comes and goes out of the room, plays by himself, watches TV in the other room, and so on. We take a nap together too, or sometimes I get up and make like a whirlwind and do as much as possible until he gets up. You could get caught up on all sorts of things during all of that naptime!

(When I was the mother of only one child I slaved to her every need all day and night long She had a LOT of needs!)
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:15 PM   #6
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

There is a ton to do. You get a lot of 1 on 1 time with your child which would be my first choice.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:16 PM   #7
CherryPie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I wonder what moms with only 1 or 2 or even 3 do all day

GetSafeScents.com- New Spring/Summer 2014 catalog is out!
Join Scentsy | Scentsy Closeout Section
Follow me on Instagram: @SarahB00)
CherryPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:35 AM   #8
Minniebees
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
seller

My Mood:

I have lots of hobbies. I dye, knit, sew, and so on. Right now I don't have a craft space in our new house. I'm getting one, but it will probably be 6 or 8 months before dh gets around to it. As far as enjoying my time with her, she spends most of the day napping. So, what, should I sit in her room staring adoringly at her sleepy face? Housework only takes so long. I already have empty nest syndrome. Sigh.

All three of my kids have been morning nappers. It's like they only wake up in the morning because they are hungry for breakfast, and once that is out of the way, they go back to sleep. It makes any kid of outing really difficult, because I can't go before their nap because there isn't time. And going after their nap means being gone when I should be cooking dinner, or I need to get kids from school. Right now her schedule is wake up at 9:30, sit in my lap and drink her milk sleepily for about 30 minutes. Then she eats breakfast, plays with the big kids. Gets crabby at about 11, so I put her down for her nap. She sleeps until 2 or 3, depending on how tired she is. then she wakes up, eats lunch, plays, eats dinner, and is in bed by 7:30. She sleeps a lot! but when she plays, she plays hard, so I can se why she is tired. She is not the kind of kid who wants to sit in my lap coloring or reading books, she is very rough and tumble and likes to go swimming, rough housing, playing ball, etc. She's a busy girl.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:35 AM   #9
MaxCapacity
Registered Users
Formerly: newfluffma
seller

My Mood:

I agree with a pp, ENJOY IT! Do you have any decluttering that needs to be done? Any rearranging of bedrooms or any furniture? How about a need for a yard sale? What about all those that you always say you need to get to, but never find the time? I can't imagine being so caught up on my house (it's usually very clean, but I always have SOMETHING unseen to work on) that I'd be bored during those hours. Also, you can enjoy a little nap yourself each day to be ready for the homework & exhaustion when the big kids come home. Bake cookies or prepare other snacks for your school age kids to come home to, make a month's supply of freezer meals at a time, clean out the closets, dust (this is a weakness of mine), clean out the tupperware cabinet, get stuff ready to sell on DS! TONS of stuff comes to mind for me! I'm also going to only have 1 at home this year for 3 mornings/week. I'm quite excited about it while it is also sad. It's a bittersweet time... Mama!
Old 08-11-2010, 09:02 AM   #10
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryPie View Post
I wonder what moms with only 1 or 2 or even 3 do all day
I have 2 and I feel like I do nothing all day long. My house is clean, my kids are taken care of and played with, but man do I get bored. My kids like to play independently, so I get anywhere from 3-5 hours a day free, if you include nap times!

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote