Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-11-2010, 03:14 PM   #31
DesertRat
Registered Users
seller

Re: Spin off: Labor starting on it's own....isn't it impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3w2cl0th View Post
now sure about the original question...but the calcified baby story was in India...and the woman didnt have the baby in her uterus...she had a tubal pregnancy that managed to grow in her abdomen after her fallopian tube burst...she couldnt deliver because there was no where for the baby to go and they couldnt figure out how to get the baby out (didnt have c cection technology in rural India back then) so she just went home and the pain stopped and the baby calcified...they took it out a few years ago and found the fetus had most likely been full term...super rare for her to survive the fallopian tube bursting and for the pregancy to continue to term in her abdomen...they found remnants of her placenta in her abdomen...amazing...
This is how I remembered the show. Except they told her she'd have to have a c-section so she got scared and went home. Labor stopped, the baby died and calcified inside her. She was lucky she didn't have a c-section, because with the placenta attached outside of the uterus, she likely would have bled to death after the surgery.

Advertisement

DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:56 PM   #32
n3w2cl0th
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
This is how I remembered the show. Except they told her she'd have to have a c-section so she got scared and went home. Labor stopped, the baby died and calcified inside her. She was lucky she didn't have a c-section, because with the placenta attached outside of the uterus, she likely would have bled to death after the surgery.
ur right...I remember now...I thought they just didnt have the technology but seeing ur post has jogged my memory (its not that good!)
Old 08-11-2010, 04:55 PM   #33
EmilyA874
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am fairly certain it's not impossible. My mother was due with me on July 21st and I wasn't born until August 15th (the night before they were going to induce her incidentally, lol). So it is possible to go past 42 weeks and then go into labor on your own also
edit: just wanted to add I was average size too, 7lbs 3oz

Last edited by EmilyA874; 08-11-2010 at 04:58 PM. Reason: more info
EmilyA874 is offline   Reply With Quote