Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-11-2010, 05:42 AM   #1
kellihope
Registered Users
seller

HELP! 19m Stopped STTN!!

Oh please, please someone help!!!

Ever since weaning at around 14m my dd has slept perfectly soundly through the night, 8ish to 7:30am-ish, only making a peep if she was sick or teething.

The last 2 weeks though she's started waking up anywhere from 2 to 6 times each night and cries until one of us comes into her room. We go in there, she's sitting up in bed crying (sometimes just whiney/wimpering cries, sometimes full blown bawling cries). As soon as we walk in though, she stops crying. We go to her, pat her head/back/belly, lie her down again, make sure she has her blankie, and walk out of the room. I'm usually only in there for like 30 seconds and it's enough to put her right back to sleep.

This wouldn't be that much of an issue. . .BUT her little brother is due to arrive any day now and good gosh, having to get up multiple times with him AND multiple times with her. . .not going to be good!

Any ideas?? Nothing in her routine is changed, she seems/acts perfectly healthy otherwise. . .she's been a bit more . . well, bratty, lately - we've pretty much chalked it up to the terrible twos approaching. But other than that nothing is different except for her sleep patterns.

Any help would be SO much appreciated! Thanks

Advertisement

kellihope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 05:47 AM   #2
blessedmama2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: HELP! 19m Stopped STTN!!

mama! I don't have any amazing advice as we're going through a similair situation. I am due in a few weeks and ds2 has special health needs. He has never been a good sleeper. I am so scared on how I am to get up with him and a NB, then take care of all 3 of my boys during the day! Hopefully your LO is maybe just going through a phase and knows the baby will be here soon. SO maybe she's just stressed and soon she will go back to her schedule. Good Luck mama! And when your new LO gets here, Congrats!
Nikki-mama to 3 little miracles that complete me. 3 BOYS M-10/06 (my Invitro baby) J-3/09 (my LO that keeps me on my toes) and J-9/10 (my totally unexpected miracle that completed our family) Proud Air Force wife to M.
blessedmama2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:14 AM   #3
mommytoallgirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our 27 month old (at the time) was doing the exact same thing right before I had our DD3. I did exactly as you did for a while then decided that I just could NOT do it anymore. My DH sleeps so soundly that he never heard her so it was all me. I began by waiting a few minutes to see if she would calm down and then if she didn't I went in there laid her down (never picked her up) and said she was okay I was there. Eventually I just stood at her door and said she was okay I was there. After about 4-5 nights she would cry but I didn't have to go in there/stand at her door anymore. She just calmed down on her own. And after a good week or so she no longer woke up. I think with my DD is was the fact that I was so tired from being pregnant that I didn't rock her long enough at night and she just missed being held. I always laid her down awake but she was so tired she just fell right asleep only to wake up a few hours later.

Good luck to ya momma!!!
mommytoallgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:27 PM   #4
MissRubyandKen
Registered Users

Its likely a temporary thing, hang in there mama, this to shall pass.
MissRubyandKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:41 PM   #5
Crow Mountain Crafts
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My 19 month old has had some major sleep regression too. He wakes up 2-4 times each night and will go back to sleep as soon as we comfort him. His 6 month old brother is still waking up 2-3 times a night also.

It makes for long nights - but it will pass. Just hang in there.
Crow Mountain Crafts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 02:07 PM   #6
keysersoze
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

sounds like a classic 18 month sleep regression. Ask Moxie has some good advice/information here. we're going through it right now with our 19 month old (though, TBH, she's not STTN once in 19 months, so I don't know that we can call it a regression.)
Old 08-11-2010, 03:50 PM   #7
ChicanaCoqueta
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I remember that time for lots of big teeth coming in.

but you are having a baby soon so maybe she can sense something big coming

or it's a combination of both. GL. I'm sure it will pass. kids are great at teaching us to be flexible, FUN times LOL