Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-12-2010, 12:32 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Bday party invites

I think it is tacky, not rude or against any rule however, to mention gifts in an invite. I have seen sizes listed on invites before but never a specific request for a type (winter/summer) of clothing. At my house birthday parties are kept small and only people who know the birthday person or our family personally and closely are invited. It took me a few years to decide that was what was best for our family but parties have been so much more relaxed and enjoyable after we decided to limit invites!

Mother, Wife, lover of life.
ambersrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:49 PM   #12
Registered Users

I would think you were asking specifically for clothing, and the no jeans thing is off-putting.

For a friend's DS's first birthday, she did a "Then and Now" section. Like, weight, height, clothing size, etc. So people could look at that and figure it out themselves, rather than call or guess, or outright requesting specifics.
Wife to Jeremy (2/06)
Mama to Nella (10/07), Ezra (9/09), and Eisley Marie born April 13, 2012 in the water
OnAnnaTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:28 PM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

Originally Posted by HaileysMommy View Post
Typically it is considered rude to mention gifts in invites. I would just leave it out, take the phone calls and exchange any clothes you have to exchange.
this. I would just take the millions of questions and phone calls. It is the thought that counts right? I would want peopel to pick out their own gifts and I have to return or exchange them, then so be it. THe person did something nice for my LO anyway
Wife to DH and mommy to DD (12/07) and DS (2/11)
corinne76 is offline   Reply With Quote