Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-11-2010, 07:08 PM   #1
hoffy613
Banned

Question staying asleep for naps

So my 2 months old will sleep fine at night and even put himself to sleep. During the day however, he won't stay asleep longer then 20 min if I put him down and often he wakes right up. I don't really have a problem wearing him, but there are times I need to get things done. Does anyone have any suggestions, because what I have been doing is not work.

Advertisement

hoffy613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:24 PM   #2
doodah
Registered Users
seller

Re: staying asleep for naps

Are you sure you are putting him down soon enough? Perhaps he is getting overstimlated when you wait too long. Besides that, I would try a swing or vibrating bouncer. I have had several daycare kids and even my own girls that prefer certain things for bedtime and others for naptimes. Normal but frustrating sometimes.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:30 PM   #3
Hcm1940
Registered Users

I know how you feel--frustrated!!! My dd1 (now 2.5) was the same way for a long while, eventually she slept longer. I just waited it out and made peace with the fact that I hardly ever got anything done for much of the first 8 or 9 months of their lives. Now that dd2 is 10 months she naps much longer (all on her own--no training), and I work during naptime or after bedtime. When they are awake I only make food and clean up after food. I hope this helps!
Hcm1940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:38 PM   #4
Fire In The Disco
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Swaddles! It's the only way Cecilia could stay asleep. A nice tight swaddle so she can't startle awake.

Putting that Early Childhood Development degree to good use these days!
, , ,
Fire In The Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:01 AM   #5
jveprek
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I finally got to where I'd nurse to sleep, but laying down in my bed. I'd squirt some boob milk on a stuffed animal, leave it next to my son, then creep out of bed. I'd turn on the monitor and at the slightest move I'd run back in, lay back down, and nurse him again before he fully woke. After about 2 weeks, he stopped waking and just napped great! If he got sick or was teething, sometimes I had to nurse him back to sleep again, but he started napping SO much better. I think he was around 8 months, though, when I started this and stopped wrapping him up during naps.
jveprek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 09:25 AM   #6
hoffy613
Banned

Thank you everyone!!!
hoffy613 is offline   Reply With Quote