Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-26-2010, 02:36 PM   #11
chello
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How old was your child when you left him overnight?

DD was 11 months old and still nursing part time when we left her with my parents for our anniversary. I pumped for her, and pumped for my own comfort, and she was fine. We dropped her off around lunchtime on Saturday and met up with them again at church teh next morning. DS was 15 months old and weaned when we left him for the first time (just the beginning of July actually) we left DD and DS with my parents and that time it was for 4 days. He was fine, DD had a few moments of homesickness but no biggie.

Advertisement

Old 08-26-2010, 04:33 PM   #12
Icryinbaseball
Registered Users

I am not sure actually with Cadence, she was very young though. Courtney was 6 weeks old when her and Cadence stayed a weekend with my brother and SIL. Kason was around 2 months old the first time he stayed away. Kaia never has.
Icryinbaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:27 PM   #13
ChicanaCoqueta
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My son is a little over 2 years old and I'm soooo not ready for him to be away yet. I get nervous just thinking about it... LOL
good luck!

I had surgery, then a few weeks later my husband had emergency surgery and I still didn't let anyone take him overnight. He's still nursing so that's one excuse I have LOL. I wonder if he's ready?
Old 08-26-2010, 05:39 PM   #14
crazykerry
Registered Users

Ds was four months when I went away for a week. Since then, he goes about twice a month to his grandparents for sleepovers. The first time, I wrote lists and lists of things for both sets of grandparents (they took turns watching him).
crazykerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:52 PM   #15
myfrugalfunlife
Banned- member requested
seller

oldest was under a year when she first slept over at my in-laws. My second dd slept over there for the first time when my ds came along-so right under 2.

My ds is 2 and hasn't slept over anywhere-total mama's boy and I know I would be getting a phone call at 2am to come and pick him up
myfrugalfunlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:39 PM   #16
stinkelein
Registered Users

My Mood:

Both of mine have been 2.5 the first and only times they have been away from us at night, when i was having younger siblings at the hospital. Because I am very bad at planning and thinking ahead while pregnant (I think it is a defense mechanism since the births have enver gone as planned) the sleepingarrangements have nevr been made in advance. DD did not even have an over night bag or many extra diapers when ds was born, this time around I had a bag packed for them both at 34 weeks and made sure to include all the neccessary noulis (pacifiers) and loveys for them. They stayed at my parents in both cases, for the first night and then the second night dh takes them home to make it as normal as possible. (because one day/ night off routine is a novelty for them more than that is never successful)..... Goood luck and PLAN AHEAD
Old 08-26-2010, 07:11 PM   #17
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

DD's almost three and it hasn't happened yet. She was supposed to stay with my parents when I had my bachelorette and DH had his bachelor party last year, but they ended up unable to take her, so my MIL watched her instead that night, and I just dragged my hungover self out of bed to watch her in the morning. MIL smokes in her house, so I won't let DD stay there for long periods. She watches her at our house instead. It's not that I'm unwilling, it's that there's never a need.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:54 PM   #18
Crew&West
Registered Users
Formerly: Crewsmom
seller

ODS was 9mo, YDS was 8mo. BOTH of them slept through the night when I wasn't there! Little stinkers!

ETA: both were with my mom.

Last edited by Crew&West; 08-26-2010 at 08:56 PM.
Crew&West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:59 PM   #19
nceveritt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

2 months, and it was for our wedding night.
I pumped my brains out the week ahead to leave enough milk for her.
But anyways, she slept overnight with my parents, my two sisters, and BIL. She slept thru the night for them and they didn't have any problems. Naturally, she got spoiled silly and was rocked to sleep/coslept with my sister and BIL... but, everyone was happy so I can't complain.

Like our store on Facebook
nceveritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:43 PM   #20
SillyEllie
Registered Users
Formerly: ardygurly
seller

My Mood:

dd1 was about 1 years old. She stayed 1 night at my mother in laws house. I was SO very nervous but now she stays over there once a week She loves spending time with grandma! I think it's harder on you (not you personally) then it is on the los