Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-26-2010, 10:47 PM   #21
isaacsmum
Registered Users

Re: How old was your child when you left him overnight?

4 months - my mom came to our house to watch him while DH and I took a weekend away. He did great - I had a decent stash of pumped milk and he co-slept with my mom. And of course my mom was thrilled to be with him for a weekend.

Advertisement

Old 08-27-2010, 12:34 PM   #22
chloebeansmom
Registered Users
seller

We just left DD for the first time last month at 29 months. We left her with my in-laws, who babysit her during the week anyway. I was really nervous but she did just fine. I think the key for us was that my in-laws have no issues with DD sleeping in their bed. So, she had no trouble falling asleep she just cuddle up and went out. My parents aren't ok with that, and they haven't tried having her over yet.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:49 PM   #23
thaisa47
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DS was 2 when we left him for the first time. It was with my parents, and it was one overnight. It went so well, that DH and I went on a much needed babymoon to Mexico a few months later.

My DD will probably be 17 months, as I am planning to head OOT with my DH for his work. He is interviewing for a new job in an area we are not familiar with, so I am going with him. My mom will stay with the kids - I am not comfortable leaving them with anyone else.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:09 PM   #24
cathrynapple
Registered Users

12 months. I thought she was ready, but she wasn't, and I feel bad about it. Her sleep had improved so much and she spent a night with my mother while we attended a wedding. She literally took one ten minute nap the entire two days and one night, and woke nine times overnight. She was so sleep deprived when we picked her up that I almost cried.
cathrynapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:14 PM   #25
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My daughter was 2, the night I stayed over in hospital after I had my second baby! Lol! And she was still in our house, but my parents were staying there. That's the only time she's been away from me overnight.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:06 AM   #26
crunch!910
Registered Users

11 months. My mom had a stroke in the evening, was in one hospital until midnight, and then was transported 1.5 hours away to another hospital. No way DS could have stayed with me, so he stayed with his "aunt" who is a really good friend of mine. It was very strange and unnatural feeling. I know of other young moms that send their babies off ALL the time to spend nights with family members... but I just find it strange. And we WON'T be doing it again unless another emergency situation.