Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-28-2010, 01:52 PM   #11
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Re: Boycott of Once Upon a Child in Carmel, Indiana

Ours has a minimum for CC purchases (I dont like this...), but they have a restroom they allow families to use if need be (love this!).

I can understand your frustration. I have always found it helpful to keep a potty in the trunk for occasions such as those. You never know when the urge will strike a kiddo.

Advertisement

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:05 PM   #12
Leslieann
Registered Users
seller

I do not shop anywhere that does not have an available restroom. I feel very strongly about that. In the case of your daughter I would have asked them if they prefer she use their floor!
Old 08-28-2010, 02:07 PM   #13
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't get that at ALL... why does this exclusively-kids-stuff-for-kids-and-families not have a bathroom for kids to use again?

If I lived up there, I'd boycott too! That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard of and they need to get with the program!
Old 08-28-2010, 02:09 PM   #14
heatherbell
Registered Users
seller

Muncie's OUAC is less than friendly regarding checking out as well. I was standing there for over 10 minutes in small store with 3 small children. The cashier acted like she was coming and even said,"Just a minute.." Ten minutes later she finally walked all of 50 feet to the register. Those baby toys couldn't wait apparently
Old 08-28-2010, 02:17 PM   #15
syfitz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Lots of small stores don't have restrooms for public use. It's a liability issue. Facilities for public use have to be set up for such. My SIL used to manage a small clothing store. The employee bathroom was off of a stock room full of merchandise. She was not allowed by corporate to let customers use it. She could be fired for doing so. She once had a lad who was outraged her son couldn't use the restroom go ahead and tell her son to pee on the floor! Can you imagine? Some people are just disgusting.

I usually take note of whether or not a store has a bathroom anytime I have my kids with me and plan to shop for more than a couple of minutes. Someone ALWAYS has to pee on shopping trips, so I make sure we hit a store with a bathroom first and require all to try.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:17 PM   #16
BottomOfMyHearts
Registered Users
Formerly: NewFoundFaith
seller

My Mood:

I have a story too, my local OUAC has rude cashiers too. I went there last weekend with my husband, mother in law and 7 month old daughter in tow and we showed up 20 mins early on a Sunday. Apparently they open later on Sundays than Saturdays and I didn't get the memo. No problem.

As we were sitting in the car for a few minutes, and it was about 10 mins to 12, I thought, "You know what, I'll just go tap on the window and see if they could let us in a few minutes early." There were 3 cashiers milling around inside, sitting behind the desk. So I thought, why not? What the harm?

So I go and tap on the window and they look up at me and one of them mouthed "What do you want?" And I pointed to the door and mouthed "Can we come in a few moments early?" Keep in mind it was like 150 degrees in a scalding parking lot... And then the clerk gets this SUPER annoyed look on her face, rolls her eyes at me and "rudely" mouthed back. "UH NO." Shakes her head and points at her watch then turns her face away from me and back to her co-workers. And animatedly complains to them.

Well Geeze. OK. I understand if you can't be bothered to unlock the door like 8 mins early but you don't have to be rude about it right?

So we wait for them to unlock the door and we are parked RIGHT infront of the door and I got distracted with MIL and the baby when I see another family enter the door. Then I knew they were open a few mins later. They couldn't even signal to us we could come on in.

I'm a little preturbed but we go in anyways and I pick out about 75 bucks worth of stuff and while we are paying I said "Sorry about tapping on the window, it was just hot outside, I have a few groceries in the back of my car, didn't notice that you guys didn't open until 12 today and I was hoping you could have let us in a few minutes early." The cashier (The same rude chick) just stares blankly at me, shoves my receipt back at me and then walks away to stock.

Not A SINGLE WORD was said to me about it. WTH?

I mean acknowledge me?

Well we left. But I'm dubious about returning. Not because they didn't let us in early but because she was rude about it.

When I ran stores...I would usually unlock the door if I was there...and if I didn't I was at least apologetic to the person why I didn't.

Common courtesy is a lost art these days.
BottomOfMyHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:26 PM   #17
Preggo
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm sorry you had such a rough day I hate when salespeople think they are better than you, its so frusterating and completely backwards. Thats how alot of customer service works where I'm from too...

Preggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:29 PM   #18
Superblonde Mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just can't understand people who work in a job where they interact with the public being so dang rude. It's inexcusable. I understand that stores have policies for whatever reasons - sometimes they make sense, sometimes they don't. Whatever the case may be, it doesn't cost anything to be NICE to people. You can NICELY explain to them what the policy is. If that were me, I would call and talk to the manager or write a letter to the corporate office or owner. If you're that cranky, you should have a job where you're hiding away in a cubicle somewhere and are not allowed to see the light of day during work hours.
Superblonde Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:29 PM   #19
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsviola View Post
I
I had been in the store one other time, more than a year ago. They would not let me use my Visa card for an $8 purchase. I was told that there is a $10 minimum to use a credit card.
It is actually against the merchant services agreement to require a minimum purchase for credit card use. If you really wanted to, you can call and complain to VISA and they might address it with OUAC, if there are enough complaints, they will lose their merchant services agreement. Visa and MC consider this a very big deal.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:33 PM   #20
Preggo
Registered Users

My Mood:

yah, I know alot of places that have a minimum debit purchase, or a charge for using the debit machine. Its illegal too...

Preggo is offline   Reply With Quote