Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-29-2010, 07:04 PM   #1
KiteGirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Birthday Party Plates?

Hey Mommas! I'm looking for plates I can give as favors for my son's 2nd birthday. I didn't want to do throw-aways, but also didn't want to end up with a THOUSAND plates at the end of the party. I went to a party yesterday where the mom had the kids each take their plate (doggy-themed) home as a favor, and it was great! My theme is Cars...kind of a mix between racing in general and Disney's Cars (I don't want to get locked in to doing the Disney thing, any car-related pictures would be great!) The only thing is, I am looking for plates for around $1-$2 each. Anyone have anywhere they find this stuff?

Advertisement

KiteGirl: Mother of one boy, Cy Wife and Partner to John, educator, and perpetual student. I'm into cloth diapering (although Cy is a potty-using boy now!), babywearing, crib sleeping, vaccinating and circumcising, and am happy to support you in what you believe, as well.
KiteGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:28 PM   #2
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Birthday Party Plates?

Walmart..but odds are they would be the movie Cars.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:32 PM   #3
Clare378
Registered Users
seller

If you have a Factory Card Outlet nearby, you might find something there.
Clare378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:55 PM   #4
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

You could do something like a cup..I can't find any plates sold individually..check this site.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:10 PM   #5
KiteGirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks Mommas! I'm having such a hard time with this! I (kind of) accidentally invited like 18 kids...so I'm freaking out. I only invited about 9, thinking some wouldn't come, but then they ALL RSVPed AND their Moms said that they'd be bringing siblings, which brought our guestlist up considerably. So yeah. I'm checking out the options, thanks for your help!
KiteGirl: Mother of one boy, Cy Wife and Partner to John, educator, and perpetual student. I'm into cloth diapering (although Cy is a potty-using boy now!), babywearing, crib sleeping, vaccinating and circumcising, and am happy to support you in what you believe, as well.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:38 PM   #6
rahhlady
Registered Users
seller

Do you have a 99 cent store nearby? Mine has a BUNCH of the plastic Disney "Cars" plates and bowls etc. Mine had a bunch!
Old 09-04-2010, 01:01 PM   #7
KiteGirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We don't have a 99cent store! That would have been perfect though! I ended up begging a friend to go to IKEA, but me some packages of kids plates and cups and silverware and send them to me. I figure I'll put them away and make a birthday party kit I can reuse.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:13 PM   #8
katiegud
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That is such a cute idea! I'm stealing it, even though my baby will not have a birthday party for a long time.
katiegud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:28 PM   #9
rahhlady
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiteGirl View Post
We don't have a 99cent store! That would have been perfect though! I ended up begging a friend to go to IKEA, but me some packages of kids plates and cups and silverware and send them to me. I figure I'll put them away and make a birthday party kit I can reuse.
You should have PMed me, I would have gotten them for you for pp!
Old 09-05-2010, 07:59 AM   #10
mycdsqueaker
Registered Users
Formerly: juliasmom92905
seller

You can try Oriental Trading.

We did an ice cream sundae party for ODD last year. I found little ice cream bowls with matching spoons that were $1 a set....we gave those as the favors.

I LOVE the birthday kit idea!!!