Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-02-2010, 09:12 AM   #11
katesmash
Registered Users
seller

Re: May 2010 DDC

awww Tina.... hope you can get her back, if that's what you decide to do.

I've spent the last hour this morning trying to tell Keira that the saucer is NOT for her, stop trying to get into it, stop playing with it, just stay away from it in general Only because I want Ethan to play with it first before she starts thinking it's hers (well it USED to be hers.. but still)

Advertisement

Old 09-02-2010, 12:03 PM   #12
todzwife
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ooooh the nipple chomp- yeah Zoey is doing that too and ouch ouch!

I can't believe our group is gone already. Where has the time gone to?
todzwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:12 PM   #13
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Losing our ddg totally made me cry. LOL Wyatt's doing great, finally getting him to sleep in the crib instead of his little upright bassinet. He had been falling asleep for short spurts in there and then startling awake. Today I had a "duh" moment and made one of those little horseshoe shaped "nests" out of blankets like they did in NICU for him and he's been asleep for 2 hrs!!

I don't think I said anything here but I had mastitis in one of my breasts a couple weeks ago, and since then that side has stopped producing as much. Seems like the other breast is compensating for that but I don't want to be lopsided!! LOL Plus he gets fussy on that side and pulls off a lot during the day. I have been trying to end the night feedings on that side so he'll sleep nurse for a while and stimulate that side but ugh.. it's not working!! We're still having to do the one night bottle but oh well, it's only one.

I keep having awful dreams about loosing a baby. I hate it, it must have something to do with him getting bigger and me feeling a bit sad about no more babies.

I'll check back later, I hear W fussing.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:12 PM   #14
aerobebe1421
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
Wyatt's doing great, finally getting him to sleep in the crib instead of his little upright bassinet. He had been falling asleep for short spurts in there and then startling awake. Today I had a "duh" moment and made one of those little horseshoe shaped "nests" out of blankets like they did in NICU for him and he's been asleep for 2 hrs!!
Can you have Wyatt talk to Carter about sleeping in his crib (or even his bassinet!) like a big boy?
expecting someone new 11.14
aerobebe1421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:20 PM   #15
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

LOL, carter likes mama's bed, huh? We have this and he likes it a lot.

http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?...nail&pcat=bgpy

I just want him to sleep in his crib so its not a problem later on, kwim?
Old 09-02-2010, 08:46 PM   #16
aerobebe1421
Registered Users
seller

No...well, yeah, he does, but he's only slept in our bed a few times. Dh gets too nervous. Carter would LOVE to co-sleep. No, he's outgrowing (outgrown?) the newborn napper on his PnP and we're having a hard time with transitioning him to the crib or bassinet. He doesn't like to lay flat. We've been contemplating buying what you have though!
Old 09-02-2010, 08:51 PM   #17
katesmash
Registered Users
seller

Those that are having issues with startling awake, have you tried swaddling them? It SEEMS like they are too old for it, but Ethan still loves being swaddled to go to sleep. It's sometimes the only way I can get him to go to sleep in his crib.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:04 PM   #18
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i swaddle nathan at night and for longer naps in the afternoon. I love the kiddopodomus swaddlers and may need to buy 1 or 2 medium size ones soon.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:17 PM   #19
aerobebe1421
Registered Users
seller

Carter busts out of swaddling. He's been doing that since like 6-8 weeks or so, so we stopped swaddling him. Mainly because he managed to get the blanket over his mouth and that freaked me out.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:58 AM   #20
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerobebe1421 View Post
No...well, yeah, he does, but he's only slept in our bed a few times. Dh gets too nervous. Carter would LOVE to co-sleep. No, he's outgrowing (outgrown?) the newborn napper on his PnP and we're having a hard time with transitioning him to the crib or bassinet. He doesn't like to lay flat. We've been contemplating buying what you have though!
If you were closer, I'd send it to you! He's liked it from the get-go and I can get him to sleep in any room in it and he's got plenty of room to grow in it. Do you use Swagbucks? I bought mine off Amazon and used my gift cards. They had it for cheaper than wally-world and babiesrus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katesmash View Post
Those that are having issues with startling awake, have you tried swaddling them? It SEEMS like they are too old for it, but Ethan still loves being swaddled to go to sleep. It's sometimes the only way I can get him to go to sleep in his crib.
It's too warm here in California still. W gets heat rashes so easily I'm a little worried about winter. I may have to make him some wool sleepers so his skin can breathe. Plus swaddling makes him mad b/c he likes to scratch his head and suck his thumb simultaneously. Yeah, he looks like a baby monkey when he sleeps.

We had him laughing and giggling up a storm last night, it was so cute! He's just started anticipating it when we reach out to tickle him and he's squealing with delight, I love it!

With all that activity though, he's very short fused. He's happy happy happy and then he's instantly overwhelmed and just crabs and fusses. Life's rough for a baby. LOL

Last edited by 3lilbubs; 09-03-2010 at 11:00 AM.