Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-05-2010, 06:04 AM   #81
anniep78
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: my baby is not ugly!

She`s beautiful! Tell your brother he can`t be around her if he`s not going to say nice things. Who in the worl would say a baby is ugly anyways.

Advertisement

Old 09-05-2010, 09:18 AM   #82
jamiejo
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mea2479 View Post
She really is a cutie and she's yours so he has to love her regardless. How is he with your DS? I have a brother that can be very negative at times and I have to tell you if his negativity was directed at my kids he wouldn't see them anymore. I had made that decision prior to having my DD1 regarding my mother and her negativity. Babies need to be raised with love not negativity. Good luck!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjaminsmom View Post
Sorry he is hurting your feelings mama! She is a cutie! I agree with the other people, I believe he is doing it to get a reaction out of you. He sounds very young and immature. While my brother has never said anything like that about DS, he doesn't really take an interest in LO's since he isn't in that place in his life right now. I don't feel the need to force the issue. Sounds like your brother is there too.
I would just simply tell him if he can't treat you and your children with the respect and love you deseve then you will have to limit access. It is fine for him to think that if that is really how he feels (you likely aren't going to be able to "change" his mind on the matter), he just needs to learn to keep that opinion to himself. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say, but it doesn't give him the right to be mean and hurt people.
HUGS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kymom View Post
Gimmie his address. Now. I don't tolerate people saying unkind things about babies, my own or someone else's.

If my brother said such crap about my baby girl, I'd delete him and block him and refuse to speak to him until he grew the hell up, and that's only after cussing him out. Majorly.

Nobody needs to tell a mom her baby is ugly, let alone a family member!! Sorry if I sounded harsh but really, it made my blood boil to think of the pain he's causing you and your baby.

Btw, she does have cute ears. And beautiful eyes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anniep78 View Post
She`s beautiful! Tell your brother he can`t be around her if he`s not going to say nice things. Who in the worl would say a baby is ugly anyways.
She is beautiful mama. I agree with the above, he needs to grow up. You said you didnt feel beautiful growing up and I have a feeling he had a hand in it. Tell him he's not welcome around you or your children until he grows up. I'd block him from seeing your FB photos. He needs to understand that this is not a joke. sometimes being an adult is keeping your mouth shut.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:47 AM   #83
rdossmann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I like the new pics you posted. The second one looks like she is trying to figure something out. As far as ears go...all my kids looked like they had dumbo ears until their head grew into them! (giggle). My brother and sister and I tease each other, but we have never said each other's kids were ugly. You have to draw the line somewhere. You just don't do that. Now, my sister will comment on how I dressed my kids, but we just laugh b/c I have no sense of style! And she never says it in front of the kids...only teases me when they are not in the room. I don't take that to heart. But never would I say anything about them and same for them.
Old 09-05-2010, 03:56 PM   #84
Rockinmama24
Registered Users

My Mood:

I will be the first to say that some babies are down right homely but OMG she is a cutie pie!!!!
Old 09-05-2010, 05:25 PM   #85
shorkiegirl
Registered Users

I've seen some "breathtaking" babies...she's not one of them. Actually she kind of looks a lot like my cutie pie