View Poll Results: Is food allergy inherited?
Child(ren) has food allergy, family history of the same 7 18.42%
Child(ren) has food allergy, family history of different allergy 10 26.32%
Child(ren) has food allergy, no family history 14 36.84%
I or SO has allergy, child(ren) do not 1 2.63%
Other 9 23.68%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-05-2010, 03:24 PM   #11
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Food Allergies

Dd has a dairy allergy (& possibly a soy allergy; only the dairy was fully tested). We have allergies in the family, but they are different--pollen (including Oral Allergy Syndrome with raw veggies/melons due to the pollen on it), hay, cat, etc.

Advertisement

Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!

Last edited by dragondance; 09-05-2010 at 03:25 PM.
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 07:55 PM   #12
ajanele
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DH & I both have seasonal allergies and are allergic to cats. I also have grass, milk & peanut allergies; although they are very mild.

DD1, only seasonal allergies. Lately though she's developed an aversion to cheese, which she used to like, so I'm wondering if something is up with that.

DD2, no known allergies.

DS, poor guy, is allergic to dogs, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts & sesame; that we know of.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:03 PM   #13
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS1 had an allergic reaction to a chocolate cake once, never figured out what it was or why. No other allergies.
DS5 had a milk protein allergy and a sensitivity to citrus fruits. Outgrew both.
DH had an allergy to some organic strawberries from the farmer's market. Never happened again. No other allergies.
I had an allergy to pennicillin once and crab once, but never figured out why that one time I reacted to crab. I've had it several times since but dr's won't give me pennicillin now.
My aunt is allergic to many things and the only person I know in our family with allergies. Foods, enviornmental things, all but 2 antibiotics known to man... Aside from that we don't know of any family history.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:04 PM   #14
HaleysMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When this all started two years ago I would have said that there was no family history. Since then we've discovered that I'm allergic to over 20 things and my children's allergies mimic my own.

We're off: dairy, eggs, soy, corn, gluten, fish/shellfish, peanuts, treenuts, cherries, oranges, grapefruit, oats, anything containing yeast, rice, cantaloupe, raisins, watermelon, goats milk, potatoes, tomatoes, peppers.

Do I win?
HaleysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 08:07 PM   #15
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oops. I voted wrong. I should have voted "other." None of us have food allergies. I wasn't very concerned very much about food allergies in my kids. It barely crossed my mind because no one in either of our families is allergic to anything except the random drug allergy here and there. It would catch me by surprise if one of my kids was allergic. Now that I have 5 kids and have been around a little more, I am more aware of it, but still not worried.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:07 PM   #16
Bright_Life_Toys
Registered Users
Formerly: Jwugrad
seller
seller

My Mood:

DH has seasonal allergies, I am allergic to latex. DS has no allergies, while DD is allergic to peanuts, corn and cinnamon.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:18 PM   #17
mmmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My dd is severely allergic to peanuts, almonds, cashews and hazelnuts and she appears to be the only one with allergies. My SO, our ds and I are all fine although I seem to be developing an intolerance to dairy products in the last month or so I think.

Last edited by mmmom; 09-05-2010 at 10:20 PM.
mmmom is offline   Reply With Quote