Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-05-2010, 03:03 PM   #1
Sassu
Registered Users
seller

OMG. I seriously have a problem with clothing.

Okay - our weather has started to turn and with a baby on the way I'm feeling "nesty." So I decided to switch out DDs summer clothes for her fall/winter stuff and pull all of her old clothing out of storage to sort out for the newbie. OMG. Seriously?? No human in the world needs that many sets of clothing. And I'm only talking about the spring/summer stuff I pulled out of her closet! It is absolutely ridiculous! Early on I made the excuse that I waited a long time to have a kid so I could go nuts with clothing if I wanted to. But...wow. This is slightly insane! I didn't go overboard with fall because I knew she had too many clothes for the summer...I just didn't realize how much! I'm really glad I'm doing this now because then I can take stock of exactly what we have for fall/winter and make sure not to do this again

Advertisement

Sara - Wife to DH since 04 . Mom to DD (3/09) and expecting #2 (2/11) Also mom to 3 crazy mutts . It's a circus around here!

Last edited by Sassu; 09-05-2010 at 03:06 PM.
Sassu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 03:12 PM   #2
MinkaK
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: OMG. I seriously have a problem with clothing.

Me too. I have way way too much clothing for the kids, rediculous!
Old 09-05-2010, 03:22 PM   #3
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have way too much clothing, but in fairness 90% is perfect condition(from europe) hand me downs from our nephew(only child, so fancy threads!). The rest is gifts and I might buy a t-shirt once a season for the boys(ok, more for the baby)

I counted ODS clean shirts a week or two ago and he had ........55!Just t-shirts, not counting a few in laundry, long sleeve tee's and button up shirts. And a stash in under bed storage that have been put by for next size up.

I have been gradually weeding through and getting rid of the non -favorites, stained etc

I also went through the babies clothes and got rid of older stuff, non-faves etc as with 3 boys we have so much stuff.

My problem is family STILL buy stuff even though I ask them not too. For LO's bday we asked for donations to fave charity or childrens hospital. We still ended up with 2 summer outfits and a swim outfit of which I have a zillion. I returned them all as I just can't deal with anymore unless it's out of this world cute.
Old 09-05-2010, 03:25 PM   #4
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Don't feel bad mama.

One year my son was in 2T, but there was a huge blowout we're-in-fall-now-so-come-grab-these-leftover-summer-clothes-while-you-can sale at some department store, and I ran over and bought an entire wardrobe of cute little boy summer clothes... in 3T, for next year. Thank God he actually fit into 3T by the time last summer rolled around, because I wouldn't have known what to do with all those outfits otherwise!

I'm as addicted to shopping for kids clothes as I am about shopping for diapers!
Old 09-05-2010, 03:32 PM   #5
Minniebees
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
seller

My Mood:

I had to give my toddler one of our walk in closets because she has so many clothes. It has 2 racks, and could easily fit everything that dh and I own together, and all her stuff doesn't fit in it. And the sad thing is that 90% of it is hand me downs from her older sister. They're just so cute! I don't look that cute in clothes, lol.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:41 PM   #6
Free Thinker
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm not the best for giving advice, but make up a list of what you have, what you need, and make yourself a limit as to what you need I do have too much, but we do always wear it all!
Old 09-05-2010, 09:44 PM   #7
Sassu
Registered Users
seller

Well, good to know I'm not alone! And freethinker - that's a great tip - thank you! I think part of my problem is that DD was my first and I wasn't really sure exactly what I would need for her. Now for #2 I should be able to get myself a little more under control...until I see something CUTE!
Sara - Wife to DH since 04 . Mom to DD (3/09) and expecting #2 (2/11) Also mom to 3 crazy mutts . It's a circus around here!
Sassu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:09 PM   #8
cathrynapple
Registered Users

I have the same problem. I can't help but buy things that are so adorable!
cathrynapple is offline   Reply With Quote