Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-21-2010, 10:55 AM   #11
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: success story: overcoming insufficient glandular tissue

That is awesome It's so great that your hard work has paid off! I'm sure that some people can't see why you would put so much effort into providing nutrition for your baby, but of course we know better!

Honestly that diet looks like something that every person should be eating, not just moms!

Advertisement

Old 09-26-2010, 11:19 AM   #12
Shikoba
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bekki View Post
I cried just reading your post! I have IGT and it was such a struggle with my daughter. I am currently 38 weeks pregnant with #2 and anxiously waiting to see if there will be a difference.

I've been working with Lisa Marasco who has had me taking herbs during the pregnancy - alfalfa, red raspberry leaf, nettle and red clover. At 35 weeks I added goat's rue and malunggay.

After birth, I plan on taking goat's rue, alfalfa, saw palmetto and malunggay.

If you don't mind sharing, did you notice any breast changes during the latest pregnancy? I have had some changes, though not as much as I would like. I'm trying to be optimistic, though.

If I don't manage to have a full supply, a wonderful mama on here has so far donated somewhere over 3000oz of breastmilk for our son, so no matter what, he will be getting just breastmilk. I would just LOVE to have a full supply... I just don't want to get my hopes up too high.
It sounds like you are off to a great start! I hope everything goes great for you and your LO!

I had very minimal breast changes this pregnancy, maybe a little more fullness, but no change in cup size, no sensitivity, ect. The one thing that was different this last time for me, was that I started leaking a little colostrum around 30wks or so, I never leaked before I had my son.

I haven't leaked at all since I've been nursing my daughter, but her weight gain has been within normal. The low end of normal, but she's a small baby anyway, and her doctor isn't worried at this point. Nursing has still been going perfect! I feed her on demand, which is still at least every 2 hours (3-4 hours at night) at 2 months. I think another thing that helped is that she roomed in with me and the nurses pretty much let us be, no one commented on me sleeping with her on my chest. We had a lot of quiet snuggle time.

Good luck mama! Give me an update when you can!
Shikoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:24 AM   #13
moonsandmarshmellows
Registered Users
Formerly: mumto2
seller
seller

My Mood:

How was you diagnosed with IGT? Did you have to see a Dr? Im thinking thats what my problem is and just ordered some Domperidone to see if it will help.

SAHMama to Austyn 3/06, Anya 9/08, and Christopher 9/10
Lillian Louise 12/12
moonsandmarshmellows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:30 AM   #14
Shikoba
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The Lactation Consultant I saw diagnosed it. We are at fort campbell and I was able to see the one offered at BACH.I can't remember if Stewart has a hospital but when we were at Drum I saw one through ACS.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:55 AM   #15
moonsandmarshmellows
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikoba View Post
The Lactation Consultant I saw diagnosed it. We are at fort campbell and I was able to see the one offered at BACH.I can't remember if Stewart has a hospital but when we were at Drum I saw one through ACS.
They have one but not at the hospital. Id have to drive to Savannah and thats about an hour away and my little guy doesnt like being in his car sear. All he does it cry and I dont like hearing him upset like that

Where there other signs now that you look back on it that you could tell there was something wrong?

Like with me my milk didnt come in until day 6. Ive never been engorged/full. My breast arent the same size, I never grew while I was pregnant or after. Im only getting about .5-1 oz at a time when Ive tried pumping. DS doesnt seem satisfied after eating.

Lillian Louise 12/12
Old 09-26-2010, 01:30 PM   #16
Shikoba
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh that stinks! Pretty much just what you have listed. DD can get out way more milk than I can pump out though. I am lucky to pump .5 oz, but when I had a weigh and reweigh done she gained over 3 oz, so try not to be discouraged by the pumping! Could you rent a baby scale and weigh him before and after a feed?
Old 09-26-2010, 01:32 PM   #17
Shikoba
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

also, can you hear him swallowing? I never heard my son swallow, but I can hear my daughter.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:33 PM   #18
moonsandmarshmellows
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
oh that stinks! Pretty much just what you have listed. DD can get out way more milk than I can pump out though. I am lucky to pump .5 oz, but when I had a weigh and reweigh done she gained over 3 oz, so try not to be discouraged by the pumping! Could you rent a baby scale and weigh him before and after a feed?
IDK if I can rent one, I dont even know where I would go about renting one at. But I have been looking online at kmart and found one for 50 bucks that I think Im going to get just so I can keep on eye on how much he is getting.

Lillian Louise 12/12
Old 09-26-2010, 01:35 PM   #19
moonsandmarshmellows
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
also, can you hear him swallowing? I never heard my son swallow, but I can hear my daughter.
Oh yes! He gulps and sometime chokes but all the gulping only last 2 mins tops on each breast before he is done and fussing for more to eat. I try and get him to go for 15 min on each breast but he just wont do it.

Lillian Louise 12/12
Old 09-26-2010, 02:35 PM   #20
Bekki
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks, Shikoba! I'm so encouraged by your story!

I'm going in for a c/s tomorrow morning. I'm bringing along some herbs(alfalfa, malunggay, goat's rue, red clover, saw palmetto, and fennel) a lact-aid, and lactation cookies. We'll see how it goes!